Greg Cadez TEMAC #119

Started by Gregor77, April 16, 2013, 12:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregor77

Name is Greg Cadez, I started in this hobby a few years ago after spending a life time building plastic models and running RC cars and trucks.  Being a regular at all the hobbyshops, I picked up a Parkzone Spitfire one after noon and attempted to fly it on my own (big mistake).  That resulted in a big crash and I didn't touch it for a few more years .  I then continued building plastic models and running RC cars.  I won numerous shows and the Tamiya show case in the US a few times.  Three years ago I picked up a Nine Eagles sky eagle made of EPO foam and a small lipo battery for $99.  I played with the thing at the park every night for about a year.  I learned a lot with that little plane and spent lots of time online reading up on things.  Not sure I had my thumbs yet?  But they were getting close.
Later on I ran to Pinnacle Hobbies and moved on to the SE5A from E-flight.  I flew that plane for 6 months and loved it. Just I had to wait all the time for it to be dead calm in the evenings.  I then grabbed the Super cub and added the floats and a light system, flew that for a long time.  At that point my planes started to get too big for the local park.  After speaking with the boys from Pin, they suggested that I join TEMAC (wanting something close and electric).  I signed up and was not overly thrilled with MAAC costs and other cost factors at the time.  I was thinking I would never fly beyond my Supercub or anything that would be larger, why am I here?   I was pleased to be greeted with many new faces that all loved the passion of model airplanes.   It's a small world and soon you release that we all knew many of the same people. Strangers become friends very quickly!  In a very short period of time, you learn so much about RC flight and electric flight all together.  After some changes, soon TEMAC started to offer things to the membership that other clubs could only dream about.
So now moving forward, I have enjoyed all the fun flies/workshops/pilot meetings/wing nights and events that the board had organized.  Last year I asked and accepted the position of VP of TEMAC. This has also been a challenge with great benefits to everyone in this hobby.  The TEMAC board is a strong working entity for the membership.  In the course of now maybe 4 years, I have built, modified and repaired over 100 aircraft.  I really enjoy the scale side of things, although converting old Nitro planes and large scale aircraft to electric is a big part of my passions.  I am always on the lookout for something to save from the Bin and try to make it fly again.   
For 2013, I have asked Mike to be a trainer for new students and hopefully assist in the required basics to have a great experience with TEMAC and flying model airplanes in a safe and friendly manner.
Some of my bigger projects this year will include the following:  Finishing off a Balsa USA ¼ Fokker Dr-1 (Verner Voss), ¼ N-17 and N-28 Nieuports, 1/6 Fokker Eindecker (Like Gordons).  I do still like to build an ARF from time to time.  Depending on my mood during the week and other projects.
As the models get bigger, space becomes limited.  I have been working on a method of hauling model airplanes and soon enough the TEMAC hauler (1968 VW panel van) will be completed.  Although behind schedule, nice days always seem to pull me to the field and away from the bus project.  I am hoping to have it ready by the end of May this time.

And for the record, I only own a few planes...   ::)
Looking forward to 2013, have a safe and happy flying season!

Gregor77

Addition:  now adding my junior member. Sophia Mei Cadez. At 7 days old coming in a 9.1 lbs and a wing span of 55cm.

Madman

Awesome. Good luck Greg. Now remember 2 yrs old is the right time to get her a little toy plane. Take her to the local school field and run around making zoom zoom noises. Well it worked for one of my boys! Until he discovered girls that is.

Stephen

Papa

She looks perfect Greg, Congratulations to you all.
Missed you at the Pilot's Meeting but at least you had a most creditable excuse.

Jack.

A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Gregor77

I wanted to go. But would have fallen asleep during diner. But man I am dying for some wings right now. Lol.