Black Hole for Spektrum Radios?

Started by Papa, June 18, 2011, 05:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papa

Today, at TEMAC, we had another Spektrum (AR7000FS) lose bind in the North East corner close to the road and the power lines. This was a brand new model, on its maiden flight with all OEM equipment. The result was a right-off. The retracts started to deploy indicating a fail safe condition.

This was the second similar incident this week. The other model used mainly HK equipment. It to was on a maiden flight.

I'm curious to know a couple of things from others who may have experienced similar conditions.

When this occurred and where? Were power lines nearby?

How many occurrences in the past few months?

If this happened to you let us know.

Thank you.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Gregor77

I was goofing with frank and greg and almost lost the p47.  But I pushed the plane and esc cut off.  But it showed no loss of power with the rx?  It was south of field about 1/2 way to the end of the field.  After a frantic on off with the throttle.  The plane came on again and I landed it on the field.  I think esc overheated.  Time to equip all the planes with sep esc's. 

Michael

The plane (Hangar 9 P51D) is sawdust; the battery is finished, everything else seems OK, except the receiver.

I have had trouble with that receiver before. It's not working now at all.
Michael

Michael

Nope; receiver is working.

Calling Horizon Hobby.
Michael

Leo

I had several lockouts last year with the Radian on Spectrum, all close to the road.
Sold all the spectrum stuff and changed to Hitec Aurora 9, no more lockouts since the change.
Leo

sihinch

No, Michael, was it your P-51?  I'm really sorry (to whoever it was.)

Michael

Yeah, it was mine.

Everything is being sent to Horizon Hobby.

They will examine and let me know.
Michael

Ededge2002

im sorry for your loss Michael but ..... i still love my 72 stuff!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Michael

According to Horizon Hobby, the loss is due to running the equivalent of 9 full-size servos on a speed control not up to that task.

My fault; my loss.

Not a radio problem.
Michael

piker

Were you running the retracts off the Bec?

Robert

Michael

Michael