June 3 mini warbird funfly

Started by Ededge2002, May 25, 2012, 05:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ededge2002

As I'm without warbird how far can the rules bend?
I've got a SU29 aerobatic airplane that is not in a military scheme. With some research I found that they were used by the advanced fighter pilots in training but little information is available as the planes spent most of there time in compition aerobatics role.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

thehaze

Sukhoi builds warplanes. I'd say that counts for something.

Or perhaps you could treat the funfly like the Airshow. Then you could do some kind of aerobatic performance and dedicate it to the troops, if you set up a stereo and play a patriotic song, there's no way they could turn you down. Heck, I'll even stand and remove my hat while you fly.
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Ededge2002

Quote" sounds like its time fora quick paint job...."

Well if I stripped off the covering re covered it and painted it in a military form I guess i could fly it.  but then again you could finish your renovations, plane and retraining by the 3rd and I would call it even...

The flying to music sounds so much easier lol

sihinch

Previous military use in civilian trim is fine! Or so I thought!

I just like watching you fly - inverted straight after take-off is always a winner!  With or without music!  ;D

Gregor77

Ed, we can give you one of ours... lol!

If it crashes, I take the motorhome!  lol!

Papa

Hi Ed, did a little research for you. The SU 29 was in fact used by the Russian Air Force to train front line pilots. See the excerpt below. Sounds like it was used by the military and is OK in my book. Jack.

In 1995, it was confirmed that the Su-29 can be used as a training aeroplane for pilots of front-line aviation and training centres of Air Forces to hone their flying skills.

The Commander-in-Chief of the Air Forces ordered training exercises for a group of Air Force pilots to be staged at ROSTO's Drakino airfield (town of Serpukhov) using Su-29 and Su-31 aeroplanes, with a view to evaluating the prospects of employing the aeroplanes in the interests of the RF Air Forces. The experiment involved the participation of 8 pilots. The flight evaluation report said that mastering takeoff and landing procedures, aerobatics, and spin manoeuvres using the Su-29 aeroplane helps prepare the pilots for the most difficult flying manoeuvres and maintain skills of piloting and manoeuvring combat aircraft in formation flying and in other types of airmanship. Flying the aeroplane on a regular basis helps develop the vestibular system and spatial orientation capacity, and maintain physical fitness. The aeroplane's long life, easy-to-use controls, and short turn-around time enable it to be used with many more flying hours accrued during its operating cycle.

In 1996, the Su-29 underwent special flight testing by Air Force pilots. The testing participants commented on the Su-29's advantages when used as a training aircraft. Finally, in the light of the test results, it was concluded that flying the Su-29 aeroplane allows the cockpit personnel of the Air Forces to maintain the skills required for performing aerobatics and all kinds of spin manoeuvres, develop the visual perception of aircraft position in space and prepare themselves morally and psychologically for combat missions.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Ededge2002

With a tear in my eye I regret that I might not be able to attend this weekend event. I know the disappointment is killing everyone but I appologize.
I will be going fishing for pickerel. If I strikeout there will be tears.

Ededge2002

Thanks Jack for doing the research. That is the identical story that I found. It was actualy quite cool to find the info.  Thanks to everyone else for wanting me to go. This club realy needs to work on it's membership. They will let anyone join!

Ededge2002

Is there a rain date?  Reports are 70% chance of rain

Papa

I had not planed a rain date.

The forecast is improving, now down to 40% chance of showers.

Winds 15Km/h from the West.

If it becomes to difficult I will postpone it and pick another day.

Jack.
A motto to live by:

piker

I'm hoping the weather works in our favour for a couple of reasons.  I'm riding the Ride For Heart in the morning on Sunday (Ben is too.  Sorry about the DVP/Gardiner closures   ;D), and I REALLY don't want to ride in the rain.  The other reason is I'm working on getting my Zero in flying conditioned (not necessarily all prettied up) for the event.  I'm hoping to test fly on Saturday evening, but I guess I have as late as 10:59am on Sunday to test fly... right?    :)

Hope to see you guys on Sunday!

Robert

Papa

Sorry to disappoint everyone but the weather forecast is too bad to run the event.

We have rescheduled it for Sunday June 17th.

I'll send out a Tickler, with more details, in the next few days.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Jack.
A motto to live by: