Scratch built depron micro Macchi 72 Schneider racer

Started by Michael, March 07, 2013, 09:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingnutz

Quote from: Gregor77 on March 14, 2013, 11:14:36 AM
That is the spirite!

Just stop by the retirement home and offer some of the guys a chane to build your planes.  That is my secret!  lol!  Just kidding!
Hey! Watch those pokes at retired seniors! Some of us wield a vicious cane! Just kidding...
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Michael

started painting ....

Michael

Skyking

Michael,

You are starting to build them as fast as Greg.
Maiden season is going to be a big big deal this year.

Ken
Actually, I can.

sihinch

Another "Rogo-special" - very nice indeed.

What are you selling next, to make way for all these aeroplanes you keep building?!

Ededge2002

Great work Michael.  An inspiration to see these small wonders come to life.

If anyone is interested I have a new in package AR6400LBL for sale.  Make an offer
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Michael

... more painting ...
Michael

Michael

More painting and a few details.

Still have the entire hardware installation (except the motor; already in), scale struts for the floats, scale rigging wires to support the wing and finally a light coat of water-based polyurethane.

Michael

Michael

4 more hours invested!

Floats glued on; ailerons, rudder and elevator hinged with fiber tape; receiver and servos installed; functional support wires installed and glued in place; scale float struts prepared - still need to be painted.

Michael

sts41

Those servos look like the same Spektrum Servos in my Blade mCPx. Interesting Receiver,servo,ESC all together in one unit.

Steve

Michael

Hatch with magnet, float fairings painted and glued on, propeller installed, and battery tray installed.

Total weight, ready to fly, with floats and battery: 2.4 ounces.

The plane scoots around a carpet floor with ease at low throttle, and rudder is extremely effective, turning on the carpet with a 2 foot radius.

A pilot is pending.

Obviously, I'll have to adjust the throws for flight, but it's finished and ready to fly!  ;D
Michael

piker

Looks good!  Too bad the snow's melting (or is it gone already at TEMAC?).  That would make a great snow plane :-)

I'm looking forward to seeing it in the air!

Robert

Wingnutz

Yet another Rogozinsky model is ready for the air...well done! Looks like it too could do 440 mph (maybe not on the carpet). Mike, I'm really impressed at the rate you finishunique quality builds. Do you actually manage to finish each one before you start the next?
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Michael

Usually one at a time, but in this case, it was built simultaneously alongside my Nooner, as I waited for parts, or for paint to dry.

Michael