LT-40

Started by Gregor77, June 19, 2013, 12:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregor77

I am in the process of building an LT-40, just to goof around with.  Any experienced pilots have this plane from back in the day?  I put a power 32 in it and will be running 4S.  Should be a lean mean machine!  :o

piker

I've never flown one, but I know they were good, stable planes. 

Are you building from a kit?

Robert

Michael

When he says building, I think he means screwing an electric motor to the front of a used and built one that he just purchased.  ;D
Michael

sihinch

He didn't screw it on tight enough because something flew off the front, didn't it?!  ;D

Gregor77

Well there was other issues. We attempted to mount an early fpv system on it. One min into the flight the plane decides to head south. It locked into neutral and landed in the middle of the cows. Don't ask how it landed straight with only breaking a prop and slightly bending the front nose wheel. Not sure why it lost link to the radio. We think that it might have been the radio battery being at 4.6. But I think it might have been interference with the dated 900 MHz and additional wiring on the top wing. But we had a good laugh as he aid he could see it to a point go in.

thehaze

Based on the noise the cows were making they were not big fans of your model.

Although I think they are still traumatized from when one of them got up close and personal with a FW-190 a while back.

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.