I was asked what I wanted for X-Mas at work..

Started by Ededge2002, December 09, 2013, 08:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ededge2002

I was asked what I wanted for X-Mas at work and I replied like any Electric power enthusiast would.  I said I wanted a Tesla S!  When my boss asked "whats a Tesla?"  I replied its this super cool electric car.

http://youtu.be/rF8fFVuIS2M

This is what I came into work to today...  Its 6S(36volts) and has a 6'4" cargo deck that can support 2000lbs.  Ok OK its NOT a TESLA!!!  But it IS ORANGE!!!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

sihinch

pmackenzie

Actually it is 18S, even faster  :)

(Each "6 volt" battery is 3S, 6 of them are in series)

Looks like a shunt wind motor? Any details/specs on the name plate?

Ededge2002

The name plate of the motor Pat?  I can take a photo of it tomorrow.  It is similar to the other electric car we have at the shop.  Oh and I did catch the 3S per pack I just reduced it to packages of 3 lol. 

imran13

Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

Gregor77

too bad I tossed a nose clip for a 60's VW bus.. you could have welded it to the front of it...  Even the entire cab portion would have fit perfect!

Gregor77

Ededge2002

Sorry I got busy and failed to update the photos.  I scraped a lot of old paint off and cleaned the rusted metal.  We were going to go back to the original Orange but figured the rust would bleed through that at the seems too quickly so it was painted flat black.  Ive repainted all the name plates gloss black and have acquired some stencils to repaint numbers on the rear quarters like it was originally.  Oddly enough the new number has been changed to 666 as its more suitable.  Ive driven it around quite a bit and have even had a snowmobile on the deck at one point. It will be getting some orange stripes and details to make it look cooler as its lost a bit of its flair going all black.  Wish I could paint classic flames!

Papa

If you speak real nice to Mr. Cadez I'm sure he could paint some go fast flames!

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

pmackenzie

Gregor77

Too bad.. If you painted the Big V on the front..You could sell it on Ebay for 50 X the amount you paint.. I have an old logo at home... lol!