OMG! My heart broke

Started by eddiecj, June 01, 2014, 02:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddiecj

Today at Seaton, watching a man with a PROLOC sport plane, big plane, with German hand wound motor size of soup can ($800) motor alone! 4G's in the plane, watched it make a crater from high up, sound was enough to make me sick to stomach, I had to sit! I spent a few min admiring his plane and all it's super high end components, couldn't find a more pleasant guy to chat with, then coming out of a downward spiral, about 300ft up, nose dipped and it came down like a WW2 bomb, I wasn't sure if the maneuver was intentional until i realized it was too low to recover. I couldn't breathe in the last 60ft or so watching. I was beside myself, I couldn't swallow, I had lump in my throat, I became nauseous, I thought I was gonna cry! Turns out, a complete loss of radio signal for some reason, god I don't ever wanna see that again!

pmackenzie

This is just something you have to learn how to deal with.
Models can crash, unless they are hanging on your wall. (Sadly I have lots of the latter type)

Never put more money/work/effort/heart/soul/whatever into a model than you are willing to lose.

When/if it does happen try to figure out what went wrong. pick up the pieces and start over.

Pat MacKenzie

Ededge2002

More true words could not be spoken. I am in that boat suddenly and trying to paddle.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

pmackenzie

Quote from: Ededge2002 on June 01, 2014, 06:44:35 PM
More true words could not be spoken. I am in that boat suddenly and trying to paddle.

I saw it in the tickler - all that pretty carbon  :(

Any idea what caused the problem? Hard to know sometimes after a crash like that

Pat MacKenzie

Ededge2002

Yes Pat hard to get a definite finding on the crash but I have posted my thoughts in the X-Plane build thread on this forum. I would very much like your opinion if you had a moment to take a look at it sometime.

Can't afford to pay can't afford to play!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?