Interview with Stuart Warne from Hobby King

Started by Oscar, January 06, 2016, 09:54:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oscar

For anyone who has itune (ipad/iphone/ipad), FliteTest did an interview with the Brand Manager (Durafly), Stuart Warne, from Hobby King and saved it in the podcast format (ep#100).  It's a very informative episode.

Here are the highlights. (Hope I didn't miss capture anything)

Stuart talks about how he joined HK and the changes of customer service in HK (he said HK is looking the possibility to setup a Canadian warehouse. Yeah!!!!).  In the podcast, he also mentioned, new system to combine international warehouse and regional warehouse, upcoming new changes in HK like lower down the freight cost, expand spare parts inventory even the product is discontinued, Durafly vs FMS vs Motionrc vs Horizon hobby (like Horizon test site of new products is just next to their test site), the new Avios line will be carrying 1400mm plane with spring absorb retracts. New upcoming Tundra with floats and using cf prop., balsa arf, quad, how a new plane is made, the new P40N and the new Spitfire Mk1a etc...

May consider to provide 3D printable file to download so you can print off from your 3d printer instead of waiting the shipment.

For anyone who don't have iphone/ipod/ipad/iTunes, you can download the itunes software at your pc. (Perhaps if anyone know how to convert to mp3, and provide the link for others who interest to listen)

The episode is about 1hr 40min long.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/flite-test-rc-planes-drones/id698727774?mt=2&i=359262596

Skyking

Thanks for the info Oscar.
The club is lucky to have a guy like you.

Ken
Actually, I can.

Oscar

Thank you Ken.  :D

For others who don't have Apple devices, I managed to save and upload the podcast to Google Drive.  The format is MP3 so it's easy to download and play in any device/pc (actually, the podcast format are mp3 already).  Here is the link to download. Enjoy

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByuwGzSVnY-zVzR1aG9RWXVYVXc/view?usp=sharing