Flying Sunday July 10

Started by Frank v B, July 09, 2016, 08:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Will be at the field from about 10 am to 12:30 this Sunday.  Will bring the Pogo and Nooner if anyone is race-ready.  Will bring cold drinks as well.  It could be hot as hell again.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Oscar

I have friends visiting us from Costa Rica.  However, I might able to come by this afternoon while they are in ROM.  :D

Frank v B

What a hot day!  Graham, Bruce Weaver and Gerald came out to fly.  Maidened Gerald's Millennium Master.  It flew fine and he flew it on the buddy box.  The throws have to be reduced on the elevator and aileron.
Re-maidened my GWS C-130 Hercules.  Switched it from 2 cell to 3 cell ESC's.  It was scale like on 2 cells but would not ROG from the runway on a wind-still day.  On 3 cells it just jumps into the sky and had no problems in the gusty wind conditions today.  I painted it the Blue Angels Fat Albert colours (Blue, white and yellow) using dollar store paints and one layer of water-based urethane to lock everything in.  It looks great from a distance.  Oh, yes... the inboard two nacelles have the motors, the two outboard nacelles have free-wheeling props.  You didn't think I would invest in 4 motors and four ESC's now would you? ;D

Here is hoping Graham or Gerald will post the photos they took.... pretty please! :D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Oscar

Sorry Frank, by the time I got to the field, you are gone already.  Wind was quite strong in the afternoon but didn't seems to stop us flying.  There are about 10 of us.  Here are some of the photos I took this afternoon.

Oscar

I had a Spitfire 101 flying lesson with Glenn today.  I usually only do scale flying.  But today, I tried to follow his maneuver.  Oh my,  :P vertical climb, loop, roll, deep dive low pass.  I never could have thought I can do it.  My hand was still shaking when I landed.  Thank you Glenn. 

https://youtu.be/NWTFAzAHBTo

Oscar

Then I have Philip helped me to re-maiden the Vampire EDF.  This is the first time I ever enjoy flying this plane.  At the second flight, I even did formation flying with Philip.   ;D

Thank you Philip.

https://youtu.be/I-YLOWWVfrs

gmcnic

Sorry for the delay, Frank.
Here are a couple of photos of your C-130.

Graham

thehaze

Quote from: Oscar on July 11, 2016, 01:46:56 AM
I had a Spitfire 101 flying lesson with Glenn today.  I usually only do scale flying.  But today, I tried to follow his maneuver.  Oh my,  :P vertical climb, loop, roll, deep dive low pass.  I never could have thought I can do it.  My hand was still shaking when I landed.  Thank you Glenn. 

Wait! What? That is scale flying isn't it?  ;D gotta fly your models upside down often. It evens out the fading caused by the sun.
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Oscar

From my understanding, the Spitfire is not design to do this. Plus the pilot has not been trained to do invert flying. 8)