Rob D. -Welcome to the 8 track club

Started by Frank v B, August 06, 2016, 09:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Rob Dickinson,

Andy and I want to welcome to Temac's exclusive 8 track club with the use of the old Futaba 6 channel FM radio set.  You see that silver thing sticking out of the top.... that's the fishing rod you need to extend before flying. ;D

Frank

ps: That radio has a neat history.  It was won by Knox Hawkshaw as the best of show prize at Toledo for his 9' wingspan CL 215.  He machined the retracting landing gear exactly per the original and had a deployable scoop for water pick-up.  He knew all about the plane because he developed and designed the water scoop for the full size CL 215.  Nobody bought the radio at a swap meet about 15 years ago so Knox handed it to me for free... but I gave him $20.00 for the donation.
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

Yup!  I swear by the Futaba 6-channel FM TX's.  In fact, I really wanted to swear last Sunday when I forgot to extend the fishing pole on my TX6A and toasted my Super Sportster.  Lots of nice grasshoppers in the red clover though!!  8)

Andy

Frank v B

Andy,

I heard about it.  We are sure doing a great job planting planes in the farmer's field.  The next harvest should be terrific. ;D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"