My submission for Crash of the year

Started by octagon, July 18, 2017, 08:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

octagon

Sorry to report the TF Spit I built last winter is no longer. Too much up elevator on the top of a loop caused a tip stall. Too little experience in how to get out of it caused the crash. 
What could possibly go wrong?

sihinch

Oh no Rob. I'm sorry. We all enjoyed seeing it fly.

Frank v B

Rob, Oh no!!!!   :(
It looked great when it was flying.

Subject for this fall's repair class??? ;)

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

BJROB

Oh Rob
So sorry, that was a beautiful plane.
I know you can make it beautiful again
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

battlestu

ouch sorry to see that but give it to Cadez with some hot glue he'll have it flying in no time ;)

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

octagon

I took a close look at the remains this morning, and in my opinion it is beyond saving. I even managed to impale the battery on the motor mount screws, we had to literally pry it off. About the only thing intact is the tail. I think it would be harder to rebuild it than just to build a whole new plane, and building it taught me a lot. I have a TF P47 kit of the same size that will be next winter's project. I have to say, it did fly very nicely. If it was a tip stall, it caught me out completely, and even with the amount of height I had, I could do nothing but watch it auger in. I should have closed the throttle and applied opposite rudder, but you always know what you should have done after a thing happens. 
What could possibly go wrong?