Toogood Pond Oct 7

Started by GuyOReilly, October 03, 2024, 10:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuyOReilly

Good evening;
I have it on good authority that Admiral of the Rear - err - Rear Admiral @Frank v B will be present on the 7th of October at Toogood Pond; I will be there too  :D .
Come and join us for a few laughs and good company and camaraderie before the water turns solid.
We will be there from 2:00pm.
For those interested in a different winter project (oh not the « W » word  :'(  ) how about a model boat or sailboat.  Some go fast, others are at the mercy of the winds.
Guy (a.k.a. Self-Appointed Admiral of the Fleet)

Frank v B

Yes, I plan to be there unless a call from a client gets in the way...but then at least I get paid to help support my hobby. ;D

Frank
(Admiral with a Rear)
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

@Frank v B

We will track you down if you do not show up!! There is no escape!!  Admiral @GuyOReilly has mandated your presence to accept the admonishments of the junior sailors!!  8)

Naval Cadet Hoffer

Frank v B

Andy, did you swallow a Webster's Dictionary when you were young?   ;)

Frank

ps: rhetorical question!
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

Hi @Frank v B ,

Actually I consumed quite a few (Webster's, Collins, Oxford).  Each has its own distinct flavour, providing the basis for very nuanced articulations of thought.  For extra variety the companion Thesauri are indispensable!!

I'd be more than happy to provide a more in-depth dissertation at Toogood Pond or Rogo field if you should experience a linguistic craving!

Andy