Blaster Discus launch glider looking for a new home.

Started by Ededge2002, August 05, 2012, 06:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ededge2002

A while ago i got into doing a little gliding.  I had a small hand launch glider and had some good times with it mainly on the slope but also a little on the flat.  After flying it a bit I became fascinated with discus launch gliders that people were talking about.  They were beautifully made and had incredible performance.  After looking around I found a "Blaster" available for sale locally and bought it.  I did my research and found the recommended set up to get it all to work correctly.  The build is a lot of set up to get everything to work with the radio and learning to do it was fun.  I flew it a little but couldn't push myself to fly something so nice on the slope that I had all the fun on!  I learnt to launch it and flew it a little but with not a lot of luck. 

Times change!

Its been sitting all this summer and a lot of last year in the custom box I made when I first built it.  I made the box because I knew I had to store the plane and didn't want it to be damaged.  I used TS-6011 digital servos in the fuse and TS-1002 in the wings.  These servos are the same as the Dymond 4.7 and 9's that are recommended.  For an RX it currently has a hitec electron6 but that can be swapped out easily. power is via 2s cr123a batteries.  The plane has a carbon boom with a Kevlar pod reinforced with carbon.  The tail is built up balsa and carbon and features a full flying stab.  The wing is molded glassed balsa(quite beautifully done) with a carbon spar and reinforcements.

There is very little damage.  No crashes but it does have some use.  little bumps here and there I would call it an 8/10 for a used plane.

Here is the deal!! I found that I just dont have the space to fly this plane where I thought I would. Make an offer or I'm going to cut the nose off and make it a powered glider!

This is NOT a threat!  I will do it!

LINK:
http://www.fvk.de/Englisch/Blaster.html
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Madman

bfeist

I'm definitely interested. I was considering a discus launch last year. PM me if you have a price in mind.

Ben

Madman

Well, no hear... Very interested in getting into DLG. Thank you.

Stephen