FPV ???

Started by Gregor77, May 27, 2013, 12:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregor77

After playing with Ron at Pin for a few flights.  I was wondering if there is a "Cheap" FPV alternative for a range of 1K?   I see HK has lots of stuff.. But I am confused with 5.8, 2.4, 900, 500 mhz, etc.  What can I get?  I assume 5.8?  Seeking help from the Masters!!!!

sihinch

Hubsan Spyhawk??? That might work for you.

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Gregor77 on May 27, 2013, 12:32:50 PM
After playing with Ron at Pin for a few flights.  I was wondering if there is a "Cheap" FPV alternative for a range of 1K?   I see HK has lots of stuff.. But I am confused with 5.8, 2.4, 900, 500 mhz, etc.  What can I get?  I assume 5.8?  Seeking help from the Masters!!!!

Can you (or your spotter) maintain line of sight at 1 km?!!! :)  (I believe that's what Transport Canada requires unless you get a Special Flight Operation Certificate (SFOC) for an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle. http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/standards/general-recavi-brochures-uav-2270.htm)  May be worth talking to the head of the FPV Commitee at MAAC.

Andy

bfeist

I did some research into this about a year ago and concluded that there's no cheap, dependable solution. The closest full system is the fatshark goggles with built in Rx, but they are ~$500. It's probably also frustratingly fiddly--like trying to debug radio noise in an RC heli for a hobby. No thanks.

Ben

P.s. now that I've written this statement I'll wind up buying fpv stuff as a winter project

sihinch

Fantastic. Would you mind doing a winter workshop on it Ben?! Lol

bfeist

Gregor77

That is very cool!  ;D