sihinch

This looks quite nice, and comes with AS3X. It's called the Visionaire

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/visionaire-bnf-PKZ6580#t1

S

battlestu

For 300 bucks it better do 3d on it own  :o
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

sihinch

Come on, it's cheaper than owning a Quiche Somethingmeanie radio!!!

Ededge2002

AS3X is for wimps !   

Get thumbs not TOYS!

(Rant mode off)
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

thehaze

You can also buy a new spektrum rx that comes with a built in AS3X module in it. It's only $120..

Or buy a Orange RX and a 3 axis gyro from HK for about $40.

If anyone is up for doing a comparison of the two solutions I'm up for it. I'm calling the HK setup, get the spektrum one, plunk it in a formosa and let the testing begin. (P.S. During the testing, If I offer you cake, It's a lie.)

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

thehaze

Quote from: sihinch on January 04, 2013, 09:07:29 PM
Come on, it's cheaper than owning a Quiche Somethingmeanie radio!!!

You can buy a kidney on the black market for less than that radio.

Ededge2002

Damn i was all in till I read that the cake was a lie.  Your on your own brother!

sihinch

I'm planning to get the Eagletree 2/3D Guardian, which I'll be happy to add to the comparison.

S

thehaze

Don't forget the cake....

It's delicious and moist.

;D

Michael

Interesting.

This is the first larger-size plane with AS3X being sold by Horizon Hobby; all previous models were micros.

Michael

thehaze

I suspect it won't be the last.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some of their existing parkzone models re-released with the system installed. Or in something like the venerable Super Cub or the Apprentice.

Personally, I don't think this was the best model to release the system in. The airframe looks like one of the $40 foamy's you can buy at HK. IMHO it's not the best looking plane in the horizon fleet by a long shot.

Ededge2002

I broke down and watched the video.  Looks to fly well.  There are a lot of aero devices on the airframe. leading edge vortec devices, wing fences ect ect.  It has quite a lot of wing area and a fairly thick airfoil that would give it good slow speed performance anyhow.   

As for the AS3X system when they show you the sticks in flight you can see its not doing all that stuff on its own!  All its doing is damping some of the major adjustments required.  I wonder what it would fly like for myself but I have fears that they will be sold to inexperienced flyers that will struggle with an over weight 45"(1143mm) airplane.  44oz(1240g) is a porker for a plane this size and most of the flight improvments I bet could be equal to an airframe that is 20oz lighter!!

im sorry im such a hater lol

thehaze

I'm pretty sure that the guy playing "Jeff" in the video is just Mike McConnville with a wig and sunglasses on...

Ededge2002