Servos for 900g racing glider

Started by sihinch, March 20, 2013, 11:28:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

I'd love people's opinions on some servos for a racing glider.  I have read about 2 types of servo that I am not familiar with and wonder if people have experience or opinions of them.

Has anyone used Hyperion HP-DS09-SCD servos?

Or has anyone used MKS DS470 servos?

Any other suggestions for servos for a 1300mm fiberglass 900g glider doing approx 130mph?

Thanks,
S

Ededge2002

Although I have no experience with the servos listed they are high quality and I can recommend a couple alternatives that I have used.

TS 1014
(not digital but very precise also known as dymond D-60. Was benchmark before the digitals came along)

TS 6011
(I've used a couple of these. Powerful, great center and holding power. Would defiantly buy again. Quite possibly these are the hyperions!)

Both available at Icare

http://www.icare-rc.com/servos.htm

Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

pmackenzie

I have used DS09SCD in several DLGs. Good servos but I suggest you do some testing before gluing them into the wings, There have been some bad ones from time to time.
Note that the SCD is a carbon/plastic gear train. There is a metal gear version (AMD) but like almost all metal gear servos it has more slop than the plastic gear one.

D-60 was the standard wing servo for F5B for a long time, I also have used them in DLG wings with good results.

Pat MacKenzie

sihinch