Mig 21 with great scale details (...Faster than Ed's yellow rocket)

Started by Bobmic, April 12, 2013, 09:28:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobmic

So anyone interested in this one, not only that they provide training but they improved rear seat leg room and added a parking brake Wow !!!.
Now just add a big screen TV on the headrest of the front seat and hook it to a PS3 like West Coast Customs cars and we are done!
We will not even need fuel for it we'll just hangout in the hangar...:)

http://www.controller.com/listingsdetail/aircraft-for-sale/MIKOYAN-MIG-21-UM/1967-MIKOYAN-MIG-21-UM/1163877.htm

So... who's in ?

Greg I am waiting for your plans for electric conversion - I think that one small fuel rod "borrowed" from work should be enough.

Ededge2002

I vow to pay for the first tank of fuel..  so long as I get to go on the ride to BURN IT!!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Bobmic

Shouldn't be too much for fuel - here it goes based on the Mig's data:

Taxi 80 Liter
Take off 250 Liter
Landing Circle 200 Liter (Landing + Reserve for two attempts 700 Liter)
Level flight 270 L/100Km
But since I know that if you are allowed to touch the throttle it will get stuck in "Ridiculous Speed" the consumption with afterburner is 6.5-8.8 Liter per second. Considering the fact the it only carries 2,850 Liters in internal tanks and you keep 1000 liters for takeoff landing and look around a bit. You will be left with about 3.5-4.5 minutes of really fast fast flying (almost like flying our staff).
By the way fuel will be about $2,200

Now as for electric conversion the plane weighs 14,300lb, (without fuel) for a 200W/lb power system we need about 3MW (only 5000S running at 150A) Or.... we borough on CANDU fuel bundle which should not be a big deal as it's only about half a meter long 10cm diameter and weighs about 20Kg and we can get 1GWh  ;D we just need to drop it into a small aquarium of heavy water and we are set as the plane already has a turbine.

Ededge2002

Some how 3.5-4.5 minutes for $2200 doesn't sound all that bad. Roughly $500/minute seems like a deal!!  Do you know when hobby king will start selling them?  Did you get a tracking number yet?

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Bobmic on April 12, 2013, 01:36:29 PM
Shouldn't be too much for fuel - here it goes based on the Mig's data:

Taxi 80 Liter
Take off 250 Liter
Landing Circle 200 Liter (Landing + Reserve for two attempts 700 Liter)
Level flight 270 L/100Km
But since I know that if you are allowed to touch the throttle it will get stuck in "Ridiculous Speed" the consumption with afterburner is 6.5-8.8 Liter per second. Considering the fact the it only carries 2,850 Liters in internal tanks and you keep 1000 liters for takeoff landing and look around a bit. You will be left with about 3.5-4.5 minutes of really fast fast flying (almost like flying our staff).
By the way fuel will be about $2,200

Now as for electric conversion the plane weighs 14,300lb, (without fuel) for a 200W/lb power system we need about 3MW (only 5000S running at 150A) Or.... we borough on CANDU fuel bundle which should not be a big deal as it's only about half a meter long 10cm diameter and weighs about 20Kg and we can get 1GWh   ;D we just need to drop it into a small aquarium of heavy water and we are set as the plane already has a turbine.

This sounds like a cheapo fuel bundle from HK.  We use the Made in Canada variety from the local hobby store and get over 2 GWh per bundle!! :)

Andy

Bobmic

We should talk to hobbyking and ask them to carry higher density bundles maybe a "Nanotech" one

Ededge2002

I just checked my bank account.  I cant swing it.  But man oh man does it look fun!

http://youtu.be/MWmb5oEeWAM

Eric Adventurer