E-Flite Splendor

Started by Michael, April 28, 2013, 08:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

I maindened my new E-Flite Splendor yesterday, and while the first flight was successful, it was difficult a bit, especially on landing. When I discovered that I was flying with -20% exponential on my JR radio, I knew the second flight would be better. It was.  ;D

Anyway, the purpose of this post is to comment on the way this plane rolls.

Mike Hazelton was spotting for me when I flew the plane, and we were amazed at how well and linear this plane rolls. After a 360 degree roll, I let go of the sticks when the wings were level, then the model stopped rolling just past level and then twisted/rolled back perfectly level.

I wondered how this model was leveling itself when I let go of the aileron stick but never gave opposite aileron to compensate.

Well, last night I remembers how the AS3S receiver works in this model; it corrects the attitude of the plane to the stick inputs from any variance such as wind and other factors. I surmise that when I let go of the aileron stick, the model is still rolling from the inertia of the roll, but the AS3X corrects that to the position where I let go of the stick.

Just amazing.
Michael

Ededge2002

Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Bigstik

Nice looking plane Michael.

Bigstik
Bigstik

iliyan1

I got the same plane! It flies awesome. In fact, you were the first one to maiden mine.