HK E F1 Motor

Started by Polecat, June 06, 2013, 10:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polecat

Hobby Kings new E F1 motor has been approve and is now available to order, price is $30.00. We will see how it stands up to the Eflite, Arrowwind, OS and the Rimfire.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...00kv_939w.html.
Their E F1 plane, the Invectus should soon be release as well, comes all red with black and white trim, also an all white one to. A very nice looking airplane and flies well.

Ken

thehaze

Thanks for the update ken.  Let's hope this new motor is better than the last one.  That one was not very durable and in some head to head comparison (Greg vs me) it wasn't nearly as fast as the OS one.

Oh and the invictus looks great.
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Polecat

Mike  I ordered a motor yesterday, to try it out, it should be good for just flying my Denight and Mustang.
As for the Invectus, HK will have a better price than the NP Dara and customer service we will see what happens.

sihinch

Hmmm, so should I replace my Dara with a Dara, or an Invictus?

I did like the look of the Dara and the build was easy, but the cowl fit was poor and the cowl attachment was not great.  Plus the undercarriage fairing on the fuse was not perfectly flush........

Ken - any opinions?

Polecat

The cowl was a tight fit on the two I built, but was very easy to make fit. I put an extra wood screw on top for mounting the cowl, you can put one in each side as well. The landing gear cover didn't fit on the kit, as the factory used the mould from the US designers.
The Shoestring had cowl/hatch issues too.
The Invectus has a one piece balsa sheeted foam wing [52"], so the shipping from China will be expensive and double from the US warehouse, they only ship by UPS.
I have a enough parts to make another Dara, if interested. I have been flying mine and its a excellent flying plane and very fast!!!

Ken