Thunderpower Lipo

Started by sihinch, June 09, 2013, 09:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

Can anyone provide some options for online thunderpower lipo purchase? Retailers who will ship to Canada please.

Polecat

Simon
Try Dragan Fly Innovation Inc., Saskatoon, www.rctoys.com and [email protected].
I purchased lipo's from them a few years ago, before I heard about Headsuprc and HK.

Ken

sihinch

Thanks Ken.

Do you use Headsuprc for your EF1 lipos?  I've used them in the past and love their customer service.  Are their lipos high powered?

Wingnutz

Simon,
Have you talked to Thunder Power themselves? They do ship models to Canada but I don't know about lipos...their G4 series is on sale for returning customers right now.
PS Really enjoyed flying Hurricanes with Glenn and yourself today.
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Michael

I believe Pinnacle sells TP batteries.

Michael

Ededge2002

I too have purchased from rc-toys and had good results. Best thing is that they will price match the US retailers best price. Shop around,  find the best price and give them a call. 

Another alternative is ZOOM ROOM in newmarket. Every TP pack I have bought there has been priced better than at other retailers and no shipping plus you have them in a week.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Polecat

Quote from: sihinch on June 09, 2013, 09:54:11 PM
Thanks Ken.

Do you use Headsuprc for your EF1 lipos?  I've used them in the past and love their customer service.  Are their lipos high powered?
No I don't use Headsuprc packs for F1, they have 2600 50c now but can't ship to Canada. For F1, I have been using HK Nano Tech 2650 35-70c and are OK. You can use the Nano Tech 2700 65c's but are over the 325grams weight limit for F1, guys in the US have been shortening the wire leads to get under the weight.
Another pack is the Dinogy 2600 65c, I purchased 3 in FL. they are 60.00 bucks each but haven't tried them yet. Here is the weight of the two packs Nano Tech 282 grams, Dinogy 294.
I would just start off with the Nano Techs, but your plane will slow down a bit on the 8 th lap, if using the 65c high performance packs you have lots of punch for the 10 laps.
Thunderpowers will cost about 120-150 bucks each[Canadian] and thats pretty pricey.

Ken