E-Flite Cessna 150 Aerobat with Park 280

Started by sihinch, August 05, 2013, 08:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

Well, what a sweet plane! I've had my E-Flite Cessna 150 for about a year but just finished building it today. I built it exactly as per the instructions with all the E-Flite parts (park 280) except a Turnigy 12A ESC. With all the throws set as per the manual and some expo set I headed to the field with 3 450mAh 3S lipos.....

Maiden was a non event, with only a few quicks of trim. I was very quickly doing stall turns, loops and rolls but the best thing was just cruising around with it at half throttle. Coordinated turns were much more scale like and smoother. Oh, and it flew off our grass strip with stock landing gear and wheel pants! ;)

I had bad luck with my Reverb (prop flew off on launch and I cracked the fuse) and my E-Flite Hurricane (one retract fell out!) but this little Cessna saved the day for me. Really lovely little plane.  :)

It's done up as the Cessna 150 that my Dad used to fly in the 1980s, from Netherthorpe in South Yorkshire, which was the shortest registered field in the UK at the time.

Here are a few pics I took before I left home today.....

battlestu

some actions shots... it looks like a great plane
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Ededge2002

This little plane flew terrific right out of the box.  Looked to handle in the air and on the ground very well.  Great to see a product fly well and look good doing it!  Thanks for bringing it out for the rest of us to enjoy Simon.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

sihinch

Wow, thanks Greg! Awesome shots.  :)

Appreciate the kind words, Ed