Oakville Milton E-Fun Fly

Started by Bigstik, June 08, 2014, 08:57:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigstik

Attended the E-fun fly yesterday. Beautiful day, but disappointing. EMFSO was there with a setup, but no TEMAC members. No Piker, Glen, John Werner, or Mike Rogozinski some of the people that made the E-fun flies so enjoyable were missing and probably flying at their own club, Rogo Field.

I guess it's time to leave the past behind. The EMFSO is not what it used to be!

Bigstik
Bigstik

Michael

Hi Al,

... our 11th annual TEMAC funfly will be on Sunday August 24.

There will probably be at least 40 people enjoying the day, many of whom are friends that you know.

We'd be happy if you'd join us at the funfly.

Michael

piker

Yes, unfortunately, the EMFSO has alienated itself from most of the people who made it what it was.  I don't know anyone who's still a member.

I was at the Oakville fun fly last year and only knew Glenn.  The rest were mostly Oakville members and a few random people.  I don't think there were many EMFSO people there last year either.  I feel bad for the hard working people who put these events on, now that they don't have any effective support from the organization that started these events in the first place.  At least that's MY perception of the situation.  Maybe I'm wrong.

BTW, was there any Formosa pylon racing?  There wasn't last year.

As Michael says, come out to the TEMAC Fun Fly in August.  That's where you'll find a great group of old and new friends.

Bigstik

There was some Formosas flying, but not 'racing' as such. Did see C Murray walking around with some big sticks tho.

Thanks for the invite Michael, I'll b there.

Bigstik
Bigstik