Axi 5330/18 vs Eflite Power 160

Started by Bobmic, April 10, 2015, 08:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobmic

I was wondering if anyone has experience or knowledge about Axi motors?
Sometime in the past I was told they are a bit higher quality but couldn't find anything about that and am trying to decide between the AXI 5330/18 or an Eflite Power 160. On paper both will fit the requirements even with the slight KV difference.

The question is more about quality difference between the two.

Thank you
Bobby

Papa

I understand that some of the bigger Axi motors are made in Czechoslovakia while the smaller ones are sourced from China. I don't know what motors are made where but I would think the Czech. made motors would be of superior quality and no doubt price.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Michael

I have flown a few planes with the E-flite 160.

Those motors can easily fly a 20 pound model (given the right wing area).

Michael

piker

I used to use AXI motors all the time before E-flight came out with theirs.  E-flite is less expensive.  AXI's are good motors but I'd consider E-flite to be just as good.  I use the 160 in my Sparrow Hawk on 10 cells and it works well.  More power than is really needed but it's fun.  It probably would have been good on an E-flite 90 on 8 cells too.

Bobmic

Thank you guys, I will go with the Eflite as although the Axi I found was at a relatively good price it was still about %30 higher than the Eflite after adding the mounting plate and seemed to be a very old version prior to their gold line.

Bobby