2015-22 TEMAC Tickler, Sky Writer Maidens and Sunday Flying.

Started by Papa, May 11, 2015, 11:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papa

#2015-22
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

sihinch

It was a great weekend. I'm very proud of myself, but incredibly greatful to Jack, Frank, Michael and Robert for all their help, patience and instruction.

The build class has given me the confidence to repair my balsa planes and build kits on my own now. I highly recommend it to all members.

bweaver

All of the planes look great. (I don't know why you say Simon's looks the best?)  Each of you should be proud of the builds.  Enjoy them!!!!!!! ;D

Bruce

Wingnutz

Great work guys and echoing Simon, a big thank-you to Jack and Frank for the build classes! Sorry I missed the 2:00 group maiden but looking forward to a chance to fly my Skywriter with the others and next year's build class. Hmm...Douglas Dolphin... anybody found a Canadian colour scheme?

DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Frank v B

re Simon's  "The build class has given me the confidence to repair my balsa planes and build kits on my own now."

Looks like I will be unemployed as Simon's personal repair shop.  Happy to have him graduate into the repair business now that Robert built Simon's new shop in his basement. :D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

sihinch

Oh don't worry Frank, I'm happy to keep sending some jobs your way. I hate seeing anyone unemployed or redundant.

piker

Congratulations to the Skywritter pilots!  I can't wait to see them flying...

If you weren't part of the build class... especially if you haven't built a plane before, you can't really appreciate the time, effort, and thought that goes into building a plane like this.  Especially if you're relatively new to building.  That's what makes the reward of a successful test flight and then owning a nice looking and flying plane that much sweeter.  That's what keeps us builders coming back for more!    ;D

Wingnutz

Echo what Rob had to say about building...takes time but pays big rewards! I participated in the Norseman and the Skywriter build classes and although they were very different, I learned from both and enjoyed both!
Jack, Rob, Kevin, LMK when you are ready to maiden...maybe we can do a second wave Skywriter maiden :D
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Papa

A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"