modeler wins lotto 649

Started by Frank v B, January 13, 2016, 11:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Came home from tonight's Pilot's Meeting to the news that Alex Gray and his wife won Lotto 649 with over $7 million.  Alex came with me to two TEMAC funflys before I became a member.
Alex is an avid modeller and a superb model builder (machinist, flawless finishes, meticulous).
Alex had to sell his house in Toronto about 5 years ago at Yonge and Lawrence and moved to Port Colborne to get enough money to live on.  He is on long term disability due to his quadruple bypass about 15 years ago and his wife Diane has significant mobility problems.  I drove Alex's airplane models (40 of them) to his new house and a member of the Metro Marine Modelers drove all his model boats down. 
He called me three weeks ago that he would have to sell his current house because the property taxes were killing him financially.

Now his motto must be "what, me worry?"

Good for Alex!

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

What a beautiful story.  Nice to see it go to someone who really needs it.

Andy

Frank v B

Andy,

We need to talk further about our TEMAC Field purchase idea we discussed at the Christmas party.  That money should have been ours. :D

Frank

ps: Alex is the second friend who won 6/49.  10 years ago a very good friend won two and a half million ($10 million among 4 winners) and they played it smartly.  My dear wife said we are the common element so you and I should cash in and help out TEMAC new field plans.
Oh, dream on Frank.  Reality will set in soon.
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

Maybe we should put lottery ticket purchases into our budget! 

If we won, we could buy a field AND winter flying bathing suits for EVERYONE!!;D

Andy

Ededge2002

Frank I was going to point out the thousands of winners that weren't your friend as a likely key to winning but ive decided to take the high road ;D 
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?