Current field conditions

Started by thehaze, January 30, 2016, 01:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehaze

Booked a short hop on Hoff Air today to check out the conditions at TEMAC. This year's lack of snow has left the runway completely bare and the road looks pretty accessible. No need for Skis or float right now. Just need some cooperative winds..

FYI Hoff Air is a small carrier offering service to sunny Buttonville. The pilot was courteous and seemed to know what he was doing as demonstrated  by the smoothness of the take off and landing in somewhat breezy conditions (I'm here aren't I?). The only negatives I came away with is that the in-flight beverage and meal service was a little lacking. All told, I'd book Hoff Air again should I have any local aviation needs.

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Andy Hoffer

Thanks Mike!

I always tell folks,

"Hoff Air is always better than full fare!!"

And the in-flight entertainment is second to none!!  8)

Snowballs

BJROB

Nice picture
the field looks good.
you mentioned it breezy on take off/ landing was that out side or was that in side???  ;D
just kidding ...either way I'm guessing it was a good time.
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

Frank v B

A comedy routine about Hoff-Air.  Starts at 1:07.

For added insult, the subtitles are Dutch.

Mike and Andy in a real plane.  Scary thought.  Mike, I hope you wore brown! ;D

What!  No skis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVuUyGijoKU

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

thehaze

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Andy Hoffer

Oh, did I mention that Hoff-Air is a full-service airline?!! Good of Mike to post this promo video of our on-board boutique products!  ;D

Andy

Frank v B

Andy,

re:".....our on-board boutique products!  ;D"

Don't forget to add Fabreeze and Lysol to your pre-flight checklist. ;D 
It makes for smoother flights.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Ededge2002

I figure I can add the TEMAC(East) field conditions to this mess.

Yesterday was a sunny warm beautiful day in Ottawa.  Hardly a breath of wind and cool enough that the snow wasn't a mess like the couple days before.

Took just a couple planes because I knew it would be icy.  Got in two 1/2 hour flights with the Cularis and a Enigma flight in between to keep my pulse up.  Beautiful.

Pack up and head out the driveway and the optical illusion of what looked like the hard packed driveway had been altered into a car trap.  One that once I realized how soft it was it was too late (Im sure several of you can relate).

The farmer generously smiling at my predicament pulled the car out swiftly with his tractor.  I returned with the bottle of wine for his services...

All in all a good day!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

sihinch