UMX RX and Servos needed

Started by octagon, March 03, 2020, 04:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

octagon

Does anyone have the guts from a Eflite UMX they would like to part with? Preferably one without AS3X. I Built and old time Ken Willard design but when I put the UMX rx and servos (slider type servos) in it, after it was built, I found the rx only responds intermittently. I have rebound it and switched servo ports but it still does not work properly, so I need to  replace it all. The UMX setup should be perfect for it because it is so light.
What could possibly go wrong?

davidk

Hey Rob,

Now... this is a little funny.  You can have the Aero Commander Rx and Servos.  It is AS3X however.  I can't recall if all 4 servos are still ok.  I put everything into a mini WarWing which Frank could not get to fly  ;)

Frank v B

qualifier on David's note:

"...into a mini WarWing which Frank could not get to fly  ;)"....... more than 50'*.

I am still hopeless at some of life's challenges.  8)

Frank

* The Wright Brothers were heroes when they flew that far! ;)
"Never trade luck for skill"

octagon

Quote from: Richard_RC_Guy on March 03, 2020, 04:40:48 PM
Hi Rob:

Just out of curiosity what is the Ken Willard design? Did you keep the same wingspan?

Regards,

Richard B.

Hi Richard. It was the old Schoolboy plane. Had one when I was about 15. Had a Pee Wee 020 on it. I launched it free flight in a field in the Shepard Bathurst area. I caught a thermal and ended up at Don Mills and York Mills Road. I have the plans if you want to build one.

octagon

Quote from: davidk on March 03, 2020, 04:39:32 PM
Hey Rob,

Now... this is a little funny.  You can have the Aero Commander Rx and Servos.  It is AS3X however.  I can't recall if all 4 servos are still ok.  I put everything into a mini WarWing which Frank could not get to fly  ;)
Thanks Dave. I will take them. Unfortunatly we have had to cancel our trip so I will not be able to bring your planes back as we had discussed.

octagon

The Schoolboy is 36 inches wingspan. The original was kitted by Carl Goldberg I think, but of course has not be available for many years.

davidk

Quote from: Frank v B on March 03, 2020, 05:44:54 PM
qualifier on David's note:

"...into a mini WarWing which Frank could not get to fly  ;)"....... more than 50'*.

I am still hopeless at some of life's challenges.  8)

Frank

* The Wright Brothers were heroes when they flew that far! ;)

Absolutely right... it was 10', then 20', then 50'... and an awfully good try at that !