Email from MAAC - December 2022

Started by sihinch, December 17, 2022, 10:11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

In case you didn't receive this or see it, copying here. I don't know what the announcement is but I love our hobby so am posting this in the hope people will follow the MAAC request.

Quoting:

Dear Members,

I am sending you a short note today to let you know that you will be receiving an important letter from MAAC in the next few days. The letter will advise you of a course of action the MAAC Board of Directors has unanimously agreed to that is necessary for MAAC and our members' future enjoyment of this hobby.

In the coming days, I will do my best to answer the many questions we expect members to have, but we need to do so internally and in an informed manner. It is crucial that you not engage in any public or online discussions about these issues at any time. Public discourse, online discussion, uninformed speculation, or similar discussions would be extremely problematic for MAAC as we work through these issues.

I close by asking you to trust the Directors and our leadership team as we work in the best interests of the members and our hobby.

Thanking You in advance for your understanding and support.

Leslie Farkas  21370

Zone L  Director

G-RIDE

"It is crucial that you not engage in any public or online discussions about these issues at any time. Public discourse, online discussion, uninformed speculation, or similar discussions would be extremely problematic for MAAC as we work through these issues"

Frank v B

Mike,

Simon is only informing us as a member of the Board should (Past President).  There was no discussion, speculation or opinion expressed about a letter that will be appearing in the future.

to quote: "I am sending you a short note today to let you know that you will be receiving an important letter from MAAC in the next few days."

I agree with you that when the letter does come out* it should not be discussed on an open Forum.

Frank

* I have seen the letter and will not comment on it.
"Never trade luck for skill"

Knightlite

The letter was in the media and showed up in my Google News feed.

davidk

Quote from: Knightlite on December 20, 2022, 08:31:34 AM
The letter was in the media and showed up in my Google News feed.

There has been no letter.  There has been an online article quoting the email... is that what you mean?

davidk

Got an ill timed holiday greeting from our zone director.

QuoteI would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your families a Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year.
Sincerely,
Leslie Farkas - 21370

I responded saying he should learn how to read a room.