Skill Challenge Day - Sept 25, 2011

Started by Michael, September 25, 2011, 06:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

A BIG thanks to Jack Higgins for organizing what turned out to be one of the most enjoyable events ever at TEMAC.

That was FUN!

Michael

eric

Couldn't agree more - a tremendous amount of fun. Thanks Jack!!

Eric

Papa

Thank you guys it was fun setting it up.
Bigger and better next year.
For your information we had 7 skills and 68 entries.
I hear some members are already planning the most appropriate models for each skill for next year.
Maybe for some skills more than one model.
I leave it in Micheal's hands for a few minutes and he arranges the most spectacular midair I never saw.
I'm so glad Robert didn't chose to lead with his Mew Gull.

Thank you all for the support and help.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

thehaze

Today was tons of fun. I think the photo of the midair should be the cover of the next MAAC magazine. It was spectacular.
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Ededge2002

Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Papa

Probably Not!!!!
I think MAAC would like to promote the more positive aspects of the hobby.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

wollins

Yeah Jack ... I second all those positive comments about today.  As a TEMAC member who's been around pretty much since the inception, I have to say today was one of the most fun days ever at TEMAC. :)  First the spectacularly successful "Warbird Day" now this? Keep em coming my friend, keep em coming.

Colin.

P.S. Seems like my Formosa was one of the few (of the Formosas) that came home in one piece today. (Maybe because its slower that the rest? ;) )

|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

Gregor77

Many thanks!  It was fantastic day with lots laughs and good times.  I think there is also a lot of "sun-burnt" necks in the group.   My nieghbour John had a good white line from the radio strap.  lol!  Try explain that at the office.

Anyways, lots of fun!  Looking forward to next year!   ;D

Michael

Reply to Edge2002 above.

During one of the contests, Tyler Shim's P47 had a mid-air collision with Robert Pike's Formosa.

Tylers' P47 flew in for a gentle landing after literally smashing Robert's Formosa into tiny little pieces.

A photo will appear in the upcoming newsletter.

Michael

sihinch

Just to add weight to what's already been said......quite possible the BEST DAY EVER at Temac, for me. Huge thanks.

Great results with the weather Jack, too.  I admit to having sunburnt neck, cheeks and chin!

I can't wait for next year.

Simon

battlestu

good food, good weather, and good friends can't ask for a better day!

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Gregor77

So what repairs did everyone have to do to there planes after the event?

I had one landing gear rip off during the touch and go from follow the leader.    My BF109 was under proped chasing Ken Colemans Formaossa.   The Trojan was fine and the F18 EDF lost one wheel on the maiden!  All I remember was "pull up, pull up!"  lol!   Anyways good times!   

sihinch

My wing securing studs came out of the wing on the Trojan during the carrier landing, and the elevator hinges were split after somone (????) ran in to it, on the ground!!!!  :P

The prop on my Kyosho spit was smashed when landing on a dime - need to try and find some replacements.  I think Hobbyking has one that may work.

Glad to get my (battle hardened) GWS Spit back up the air again - thanks to Glenn for helping with the re-maiden and set-up.

sihinch

A few images.........

sihinch

And some more