Appearances can be deceptive

Started by sihinch, November 21, 2011, 09:32:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

Well, when I set-off from Downtown (Toronto) yesterday about 1pm, it was bright with very little wind.

When I got to TEMAC it was blowing a gale, dark & overcast and freezing cold! ???

But hey! I still managed to fly my little Hawk/T-45 on 4s for the first time and had my Trojan in the air for 3 lipos! ;D

thehaze

How long did you last at the field? Sunday started off OK but got progressively worse as the day dragged on.

I drove by the Aurora club and saw a plane in the air, and I thought to myself.. wow that's one crazy guy.

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

sihinch

Ronnie was there when I got there, and he lasted longer than I did.........Jeff was just arriving when I left.......but I only mamaged about 40 minutes!  :-\

eric

I flew yesterday at the field from a little after 12:00 noon until about 2:30. It was great at the start, with the sun showing through and just a trace of breeze. Unfortunately, it got progressively colder and windier as time went on, so I wimped out and hit Timmies for coffee. Its great to be still able to fly this late in the season, though.

Eric

Ededge2002

I flew 2 flights at 9:00 this morning then snuck in 4 more at 3:00.  but if you ask my boss i was "working".   having somthing that can hide in your car is ideal!!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

sihinch

Gregor77

Did you try the "stang" yet?  I will be at home resting after the long drive.  Should have the "spit" done.