1 (16.7%)
Early Fall When the trees change colour
2 (33.3%)
Early Mornings / Late Evenings / Anytime
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 27, 2012, 11:20:20 AM

Gregor77

I would like to say that I like flying in the fall with all the tree's orange, red, yellow and brown.  Being the first time I started to seriously fly at TEMAC that was the most memorable.  :D

battlestu

for me it's that first warm spring weekend knowing there is a full season of flying ahead :)
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

piker

This is all sounding very "new age"   ;D  But I can get into that...

Flying electric powered gliders on a warm, summer's, evening with thick, green grass.

Evenings at TEMAC when the air is dead calm (I need to get out there more)

And of course, calm evening flying from water.  Even the most basic airplane is a beautiful thing when flying from water   ;)

Robert

sihinch

Like Greg, my favourite times are those that remind me of when I just started.

April/May evenings, after rain, when the sky is clearing and becoming blue.  The grass is lush green and it's not too warm, but still t-shirt weather.

Nothing like a Spitfire in between the clouds.

Gregor77

Also on the flip side... I had loads of fun in the brisk winter mornings.  Sun coming up, DX6i -0 temp.  Hot tim hortons cup beside me.  HobbyZone cub on the fresh snow, slowly pushing the plane forwards across the tundra, as it lightly lifts off the snow with a whistle of dust coming from the prop wash.  I recall the point of it just lifting and it pushing higher into the sky.  The coulds looks liked something out of Empire Strikes Back, sun almost covered by the grey sky.  As I land, I run home just to warm up and run back again.  ;)

Gregor77

Winter fun!

thehaze

It's the rush you get from completing a successful maiden flight that I like the most. As for a time of year... I'd have to say that flying in the evening in the early summer, when the sun sets at 9:00pm is the best.

All this talk has me itching to go to the field and fly. Tomorrow looks promising, who's in?

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

piker

I'm hoping to get out for a bit in the late afternoon.  Weather looks good.  My Zero needs more air time!

I know Michael is planning for tomorrow afternoon.

Robert