Take your garbage with you!

Started by Wingnutz, September 22, 2012, 02:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingnutz

Before I got into RC, I belonged to a club that used an outdoor "parkish" setting not unlike TEMAC's.  At one time, the club decided to put garbage bins on the site. With 500 members, the garbage left at the club site after a busy weekend regularly overflowed the three containers. The club eventually removed all waste containers and directed members to remove any garbage they brought. Problem solved and almost no garbage left behind.
With all due respect to the well-intentioned member who donated a garbage can to the TEMAC site, I think members should remove their own garbage and not expect someone else to do it for them.
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

battlestu

Hi Bill... this one is on me; I keep forgetting to take the garbage can with me when i leave the field (it's been there since the fun fly .... i'm sure it's good and ripe by now  :o )

Greg
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Wingnutz

Greg,
I really don't think you or anyone else should have to look after everyone else's garbage. That being said I took the bag from the field. (I'm a semi-retired old fart who loves flying with the sun in my eyes and I'm often there early in the morning .) Yes it was ripe  :-Xand full of rainwater to the point where I had to drain it before trying to lift it. There's no bag in the can now and I didn't want to remove the can without some sort of executive approval...
Come on the rest of you...it's your field...do you leave garbage in your backyard?
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

battlestu

thanks Bill... I'll get the can on the way home tonight
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Gregor77

When is garbage pick for that area.  Can't we leave it at the end of the road?  We can put it with the Neighbour?   Just wondering...

sihinch

I like your thinking Greg C, but I'm not sure we can rely on someone taking the garbage to the end of the drive, every week.  Just the same as we've not been able to manage to take the rubbish away so far - until Bill did it.

Thanks to Bill for taking the rubbish away.

My vote is to go back to how it was - no bin (except for fun fly events) and we all take our own garbage away with us when we leave.

Ededge2002

I try and plan to continue leaving the field as it was when I arrived.  A fun clean and friendly place to go to fly my toys. Trying to replace any divots and remove planes reduced to dust included!

(I WAS going to put agreed but I was afraid of the reprimand lol)

Ps as a side note a local club recently LOST THERE FIELD due to cigarette buts and an unhappy land owner.....
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?