Careful on the TEMAC roadway! Warning, the sides are very soft right now!

Started by Gregor77, December 04, 2012, 08:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregor77

Guys, please be careful on the roadway exiting TEMAC.  Last night we had a few people that entered the TEMAC driveway.  When leaving we backed out.  With the amount of traffic at 4:30, it was a bit hard to leave.  I decided to turn around at the enterence near the roadway.  I got one wheel very close to the farmer field and the car sunk right away.  I was lucky that I got out.  The farmers field on each side is a swamp.  So if you plan on turning around on the TEMAC roadway, please don't go to close to the sides.

Ededge2002

Thanks for the heads up Greg. With the thaw we are going to see it's only going to get worse. An alternate to having to turn around would be to back in then the trunk is pointed toward the Pitts for loading and unloading too.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Gregor77

That is a good call Ed.  I hope TEMAC members are good at driving backwards. 

Wingnutz

I agree with Ed too and backed in when I was there yesterday afternoon...however, this plan is not without its drawbacks...if you back in, park along the west side of the driveway you're now getting out of your car on the swampy side rather than on the driveway side...wet feet or park in the middle of the driveway and others can't get by.
Although I've never done it, does it make sense to back in and park along the east side of the driveway?
If it works as I think it might, you'd now have fewer troubles turning around, AND be able to step out of your car onto the driveway instead of into the swamp (which is what I did yesterday...SQUISH! running shoes are still wet!)
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Gregor77

The risk is if you are too close to the field you might get a wheel stuck also?  I guess this is lose / lose.. lol!

Man, I can't wait for the X-mas party.. hopefully your shoes are dry!  ha ha!

Wingnutz

Think I'll have to look for a right hand drive vehicle...then I can back in, park on the west side and step out on to the driveway! Greg, any of those VW's RH drive?
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Ededge2002

Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

thehaze

Quote from: Gregor77 on December 04, 2012, 09:11:07 AM
That is a good call Ed.  I hope TEMAC members are good at driving backwards.

Wow that's asking a lot. That would require the ability to deal with left/ right reversal issues. 
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Gregor77

hummmm.... if the RV got stuck, we would have full time security...