damn it damn it damn it damn it!

Started by Ededge2002, January 11, 2013, 12:31:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ededge2002

This link is not for the faint of heart.  If you already have over your pre set number of planes do not look at this link. 

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1806527

Stupid racing planes when will I ever learn?
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

battlestu

Wow that does look good... I wonder what the king will charge for it  ;D
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

flying saucer

Sign me up for one, will probably sell for $109  or so for the ARF, or about $200 fully loaded with genuine Turnigy electronics.

Polecat

Quote from: flying saucer on January 11, 2013, 01:48:00 AM
Sign me up for one, will probably sell for $109  or so for the ARF, or about $200 fully loaded with genuine Turnigy electronics.

$130.00 but shipping from China will be very expensive $40.-50.00. Also don't forget the 13% taxes at Canada Customers.
Just hope the US warehouse will stock the kits.

Ededge2002

The term " genuine Turnigy electronics."  Is a little funny to me.  Genuine and clone don't belong together.  Not knocking turnigy but genuine they ain't.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

thehaze

Nice!

Not sure you can run it ef1 legal with all hk components. Is there still a turnigy motor spec'd for the class?
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Polecat

There is a new Turnigy motor but not approved by NMPRA. Nitroplanes have a motor but not approved.
Great Planes have a new motor and I am hearing it will be approved.
I have the new Turnigy motor, put in a couple flights on it and found that the some of the magnets where moving forward.
The magnets where not glued in, these motors are not worth the 35.00 bucks, just buy an Eflite,Arrowind or the OS for 70.00.

thehaze

I have the OS motor. It's really nice. Worth the price for sure.

flying saucer

Hey Polecat,

I'd avoid the US warehouse. Shipping rates are astronomically high, and there's a good chance of getting hit with extra brokerage fees and customs charges.

I've ordered direct from China many times and it's always been a breeze, never been charged taxes or any additional fees.

flying saucer

Quote from: Ededge2002 on January 11, 2013, 07:16:59 AM
The term " genuine Turnigy electronics."  Is a little funny to me.  Genuine and clone don't belong together.  Not knocking turnigy but genuine they ain't.

Although my comment was somewhat tongue in cheek, Turnigy has started labelling some of their products with a "genuine" hologram no doubt in an effort to further improve brand image. While it's true some motors fail quickly, I have others that perform brilliantly all in the $10-20 range. I have also used recognized name brand motors such as HET, Rimfire and eflite which have worked well.

Paying $70 for an eflite motor is no guarantee, these can and do fail as well.

Polecat

Quote from: flying saucer on January 11, 2013, 10:33:40 AM
Hey Polecat,

I'd avoid the US warehouse. Shipping rates are astronomically high, and there's a good chance of getting hit with extra brokerage fees and customs charges.

I've ordered direct from China many times and it's always been a breeze, never been charged taxes or any additional fees.
Damn UPS Or Fedx!
I have ordered all my Nano Tech lipos [for racing] from HK with no problems and a lot of odds and ends.
I did order one kit from them and paid about $48.00 shipping, did come right to my door.
For my other lipos I get them from Headsuprc and 7.00 shipping.

Frank v B

I love the way he says it will be produced by Hobby King and then uses the word "instructions" in the same sentence.  The "head-scratching" part I understand fully.  Nice lines and visible colour scheme.

No Frank you cannot order this one!!! 

I still have my Pogo.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

thehaze

Lol so the king of knockoffs is putting holograms on their stuff so people can tell it's a genuine knockoff?

I've got lots of turnigy stuff most has been good for its price  point.  The question isn't about whether the other stuff fails sometimes, it's about the level of support you get when it does.

However hobby king has earned my respect for making the hobby affordable and therefore keeping the other vendors in check.  If it wasn't for the king, lots of people wouldn't be flying.

flying saucer

My genuine "knockoff" nanotech lipos sure do perform great!  ;D