TEMAC Nooner racer build thread!!

Started by Ededge2002, February 18, 2013, 10:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piker

I have Michael's rejected elevator half.  I was saving it for just such an occasion.  I'll bring it to the meeting on Saturday.

Robert

sihinch

Meeting is Sunday Robert, and I'm afraid I can't be there.

I'll get it from you soon.

Please keep it for me!

piker

O.K.  Thanks.  I was thinking the meeting was on the 23rd.  Too bad you can't make it.

battlestu

she's almost ready to rock ... just need to find some "sunshine and lollipops" decals to finish it off
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Polecat

Quote from: battlestu on March 20, 2013, 08:28:04 AM
she's almost ready to rock ... just need to find some "sunshine and lollipops" decals to finish it off

She looks fast Greg, now go and kick some butts!!! Bring it to Orangeville and ring it out.

thehaze

Just spent some time trying to get my elevator setup secured to the plane. Seemed like it should be rather easy, for some reason this happened...

Homer Rages at his failed BBQ Grill

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Ededge2002

This should be fairly simple but there are a few steps. Where were you having trouble?
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

thehaze

Meh, I think I got it sorted out. The lack of any sort of mount and the small space available was making things harder than they should be in getting the servo exactly where I needed it and for it to lay flat so it could be glued.

IMHO, as someone who builds ARF's more than anything,  this plane although not difficult to build required more "tricks", small parts and hardware to finish than I would have liked.

I sure hope it flies well....

Ededge2002

Flew mine at 4:30 today. Its a blast you won't be disappointed.

Michael

Wing covered; no ailerons shown.

Star burst top; yellow bottom.
Michael

Ededge2002

Wow!  That wing really POPS!   Don't want to race against you because I will be mesmerized by your plane.

Looks good Michael we should all bring our nooners to the Sunday meeting

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Michael on March 21, 2013, 09:28:49 PM
Wing covered; no ailerons shown.

Star burst top; yellow bottom.

Absolutely beautiful Mike!  Way to go!! 

Andy

thehaze

OK so I'm going to put this thing down for the night...

The elevator servo and linkage is still kicking my butt. Had everything glued in and all I had to do was make a z bend at the elevator control horn... And the push rod broke on me.... >:(

Now I got to rip the whole thing out and start again.

sihinch

Just changed the prop on mine, since I put the new spinner on I thought "might as well."

Now, with the 5.25 x 6.25 APC speed 400 prop with a 2200kV motor I get 172 watts at 18A full throttle, static.  Should be perfect for the race!  :D

Now I just need to learn how to fly it.  2 aileron servos connected directly to the aileron made the plane much more precise.  It's an awesome flying aeroplane.

Ededge2002

[quote\]
Now, with the 5.25 x 6.25 APC speed 400 prop with a 2200kV motor I get 172 watts at 18A full throttle, static
[/quote]

Seems low on voltage. Were the batteries cold from being at the field?  Even picking up one volt will push you to 200W