TEMAC Nooner racer build thread!!

Started by Ededge2002, February 18, 2013, 10:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bfeist

Thanks Ed.

I noticed the front wing mount in the fuse looks like it has already been reinforced in my fuse. Ed, was yours like this before you reinforced it further?

Ben

Ededge2002

I added some extra inside and in the wing saddle area.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Ededge2002

I have fought with getting the firewall in perfectly and I understand a couple others did too.  The other day I realized and used a new method to install it and damn is it easy!  See photo.  With the bolt in there you can wiggle twist and push the blasted thing into perfect position!  Why did it take me the third try??

Second picture is Bobby's wing all done.  Servos,  pushrods, wired and striped!

bfeist

Ededge2002

A trick I use is just a little spray adhesive is nice to keep it in place.

But yes its easy to hate it

Ededge2002

Bobby's plane status:
Servos,  firewall,  tail,  canopy/fairing all done. Just some striping and install motor/esc. 

Motor manufacturers.....  supply the damn screws!  In the big picture what's it going to add to our price and subtract from our frustration??

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Ededge2002 on April 25, 2013, 10:49:51 PM
Bobby's plane status:
Servos,  firewall,  tail,  canopy/fairing all done. Just some striping and install motor/esc. 

Motor manufacturers.....  supply the damn screws!  In the big picture what's it going to add to our price and subtract from our frustration??

What brand of motor is Bobby using?  I use E-Flite and they always come with a full set of mounting hardware and screws.  Andy

Ededge2002

Bobby's racer is done!  (ok im going to add a couple more white stripes to the top of the wing).

12.6oz all up except battery.
CG 1/8" forward of the 2" recomended without battery.

Do I collect champinship points in the series for planes that ive built?  Seems fair..lol

sihinch

You actually lose points, for helping other teams!

Sorry!

Ededge2002

Quote from: sihinch on April 26, 2013, 05:53:54 PM
You actually lose points, for helping other teams!

Sorry!

I regret to advise you of a manufacturers recal regarding your plane.  Please return it to your Nooner service center as soon as possible...  Seems a large chunk of lead was omitted durring the assembly of your plane and needs to be installed.  Thank you for your compliance.

Ededge2002

Two more successful maidens of nooners today!
Mike H and Glen both had a couple of textbook flights.  As Simon  previously had stated Mike repeated that he was impressed with how well the plane flew!  We even had a little race/hot laps together and the planes seemed stable fast and quite well matched.  Its going to be a fun competitive series

bfeist

sihinch

Bobmic

Thank you Ed !!!!  ;D ;D

What a great job building my plane - love the details and appreciate the effort.

So I actually managed to fly the Nooner after the weekend transmitter mess. Flew really nice even with me insisting in pushing the virtual rudder around. I noticed it pulls up quite a bit when throttling up so I will add some Throttle / Elevator mix and hopefully I can keep it in a straight line.
I really have no clue how to keep it flying in a tight loop and constant height: Greg, Michael and Frank (hope I didn't miss any other Team member..) can I ask for some training sessions ?

Anyhow thanks again Ed.
Bobby

Ededge2002

Who is ready and who is not?