Let's see your workshop

Started by bfeist, August 04, 2013, 05:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bfeist

Everyone please post photos of your building space. I'm sure between us we have some pretty great innovations to make the best use out of a tight workspace.

Jack inspired me to tidy up (mainly because it bugs him so much). Here's my workshop at its cleanest (and emptiest--my car is full of planes right now).

Some neat ideas in this workshop:
- Sliding tabletop allows band saw to slide out so it doesn't conflict with the shelf for ripping long lengths (pic)
- Main workbench supports don't go all the way to the floor. This was supposed to make sweeping up easy but I've filled my floor with tools (pic)
- Plastic containers doubled the space in my main storage shelf making everything easy to find in the process (pic).

Gregor77

bfeist

Quote from: Gregor77 on August 04, 2013, 05:08:20 PM
You win.

No chance. You have a table in the center of the room! I only wish. I can only build tiny foamies now.

Ededge2002

For the last 11 years ive been working in a little corner of our living room....  Its been a constant pain in the but to work there and an even bigger one to my wife! 

ITS OVER!  Finally ive been quarantined!  Photos of my NEW work space.. Still a work in progress as I built the benches today!

*photos censored by automatic family filter*
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Michael

Nice photos Ed; I gotta go wash my eyes out now.

My "workshop" is about 24' by 12', and is currently a huge mess.

I clean it out in autumn, and fill the walls and ceiling with planes for the winter.

The 8' by 5' table in the center of the room is where I build and repair.
Michael

Michael

Really, Ed!

What if you drop an X-acto knife?

What if you drop some hot solder?

Michael

sihinch

Ed!!!! This is a family website!!!

sihinch

Ededge2002

Quote from: sihinch on August 04, 2013, 08:56:57 PM
Who took the photo????

Some kid off the street.  I did give him a popsicle!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

imran1042

I'm currently working on making a workshop in my basement! I do everything in my bedroom right now and it suckss! I barely have place to sleep!
Any day at the field is a good day :)

Michael

Quote from: Ededge2002 on August 04, 2013, 09:15:40 PM
Quote from: sihinch on August 04, 2013, 08:56:57 PM
Who took the photo????

Some kid off the street.  I did give him a popsicle!

OMG - can't stop laughing !!!
Michael

Gregor77

Frank v B

Picture this:

A basement room 11'x6', 7'ceiling.  Put in a horizontal work surface then add a thousand tools, 25 transmitters, 40 airplanes and 10 pounds of saw dust.... oh, yes, and me.  Nothing to be proud of; it would be a waste of a picture but it works for me.
I have not quite met my wife's objective of "no airplane stuff outside of the workshop".  Heck, when all the kids were home 10 years ago we used to have 13 race bikes in the living room.  What's wrong with a few airplanes in the basement? ;D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Gregor77

Mine is the entires house depending on mood. Less master bed room and kitchen and garage.

sihinch

I've built planes in your kitchen, Greg!!! :-)