back to drones/quads agian parrot drone for farming vid

Started by flying IT, July 10, 2014, 11:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flying IT

well anyone who knows me, know that i was raised on a farm and still try to be actively involed with what is going on.  Farming has made huge leaps in technogy to what we call persion farming.  Latest has been the use of drones to be combined with the data that is already used.

well a well known manufacture (Parrot) has gotten into the game and has created the eBee ag.   You can tell the engineers at Parrot have never hand launched anything because this is how they want you to launch it, remember it has a push prop https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yybxZuuWX-Y.

Ededge2002

Multispectral  camera on a rc model. What will they think of next!  Mini-MCA6

http://www.tetracam.com/Products1.htm
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

eddiecj

I can't believe how stupid these toy makers are, did the engineers all stand around and figure it'd be best to hand launch a pusher holding it with both hands on leading edge of wings with the prop under your face at full tilt! Let the deserved lawsuits begin!!

flying IT

thanks Ed

As you know more than most, there is some huge advances going on.  I did see on that site that you shared is a small version of a para trike.  Interesting, can not see it handling any major winds though.

flying IT

eddie

the way he holds that drone would be a not be good for any guy if you pulled back a little before launching is also scary.  All I can say is "OUUUCCCHHHH" and be talking with a high voice after that.

eddiecj

OOUUUCH! Is right on the money lol, I see an opportunity for a brave soul to maybe make a chunk of money here, buy one then launch it as per instructions right into your neck, you'll live, and even walk away with a nice hunk a change from parrot for that new deck! Lol

Ededge2002

eddiecj

yes, a deck for your backyard, you can't purchase a new "something else" can you?...how much?

piker

I don't think Ed was thinking neck, or deck.  The guy launching that way... I think his name is Richard... Dick for short...

piker

Ha!  Last night, after I posted my "joke" above, I realized that OUR Richard was the original poster.  I wasn't referring to YOU, Richard   :o

That was just a coincidence  ;D

flying IT

NP,  but if you happen to hear me speaking in a higher tone you know what happened.  For a long time i had been called "Dick" the odd time. 

Ededge2002