Daring Alfalfa Rescue

Started by Andy Hoffer, October 25, 2015, 09:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Hoffer

After the MAAC Annual Zone Meeting today I really needed a flying fix, or at least I needed a real flying fix.

So despite the strong NNW winds, I set out to the field with my newly renovated Nooner.   Good launch, one half circuit, then I decided to play with my elevator offset switch.  In the ensuing gymnastic excitement, the plane got really far away to the SE, followed quickly by orientation meltdown, with more down than up.  The alfalfa inhaled the plane.  I made the long trek out along the sight line to the trees at the far SE corner of the field. No luck.  Return trek was no better.  No signs.  So I wrote it off.  Then Graham, who was there when I headed out, decided to have a go at it,  despite my repeated admonitions against wasting his time looking for a Nooner in an Alfalfa stack.  AMAZINGLY, he found it, about half way out to the far SE corner.  Needless to say, I was overjoyed and awestruck.  Wing OK, electronics OK, and just the usual fuselage nose to reglass. You couldn't ask for a better outcome, or a better guardian angel.

Thanks Graham.  You're the best!

Andy

sihinch

Frank v B

Andy,

That plane was trying to tell you something! ;D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

BJROB

Yes. Yes. Yes....

When you crash:
- gather all the pieces... no matter how small...  You may need it and you don't want to be accused of littering.
- put the airplane in the corner of your workshop.  It starts to repair itself.  It is amazing how some terribly crashed planes can be quickly re-built.
- establish the cause of the crash so it does not happen again.
- make sure the cause does not affect other planes in your hanger. (radio, battery, building error)

If that does not work for you....
The repair class is not until next week
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on October 27, 2015, 10:30:19 PM
Andy,

That plane was trying to tell you something! ;D

Frank

I think it was trying to escape the embarrassment of being flown by me! But I listen to that just as much as I listen to Frank!! ;D