Flying this Sunday, July 3

Started by Frank v B, July 01, 2016, 10:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Am planning to be at the field this Sunday from 10 to about 2 pm*.  Will bring my EF-1 Pogo and Nooner if anyone wants to pretend we know how to race.  My Mr Shifter (.60 size pattern plane) has a new 1" larger prop on it for a little more oomph.  I will bring a cooler with cold drinks.  This is hoping Michael can break away from his family/business obligations.

Frank

* this way Andy can either avoid me or bug me.
"Never trade luck for skill"

bweaver

Looks like Sunday will be a great day.  To bad they are forecasting it.  But I hope they are right this time. 

I'll be out.  Will bring my helmet so that I can enjoy the races from behind my car.

Will also bring some planes to fly. (I have to make up for not flying on Friday)

;D

Michael

I'll bring hotdogs and buns so we can fire up a barbeque.

I plan to be there 11 to 3.

I'll bring my Shoestring racer. Frank, will you help me with it?
Michael

bweaver

I'll bring the condiments and paper towels.

Candu

Can I just bring an empty stomach, I think I have exceeded my quota from Thursday's Morning Crew BBQ... :P

I was actually at the field doing some calibrations/tests early this morning from before 7am to just past 9am. Condition was as perfect as you can get - winds was close zero at 7am to about 20k from the NW by 9am or so. See the difference between the indicated air speed (AS) and ground speed(GS) on the left side of the attached photos...

Frank v B

Bruce,  Smart guy to bring your helmet.
Michael- happy to help you to EF-1 happiness.
Frank (Candu), bring your stomach.  You'll find a way to make it fly and then video tape it. ;D

Just bought a case of coke, diet coke, soda water (for Bruce) and bottled water.

See you tomorrow- regardless of the weather.

Frank

gmcnic

I will come early to set up including some field decorations.
Should have empty stomach by noon. ;D

Frank v B

Graham,

... or meet me at Tim's Woodbine at 9:30 am for a caffein 'n sugar top-up so you will have enough energy to decorate the field before Michael gets there with the dogs. :D

Frank

gmcnic

Sounds good.  See you and anyone else who wishes to join at Tims.

Graham

Oscar

Graham and I are planning to bring the UMX Habu S and the UMX Icon A5 out for some fun fly.  Anyone who have the UMX Habu S/UMX Habu or UMX Icon A5 are welcome to join us too!  It will be cool to see those UMX flying together. 

Michael

I got 10 regular hotdogs, and 10 big sausage hotdogs, all kosher of course. 20 should be enough, if not someone can run out and get some more.

Also 20 buns and mustard. That's what I'm bringing.

I'll bring my UMX Habu and Icon too.
Michael

Frank v B

re: food.  If need to, we will do the loaves and fishes trick.... since it is Sunday. ;D

Frank

Frank v B

What a glorious day!!  About 15 pilots came out.  Lots of flying, talking and laughing.  Rosie Duthie did the honours of cooking the hot dogs.  Tasted great.  For once none of the dogs were burnt to where they could be carbon dated.  Andy flew over at about 11:30.  Which other Cessna would fly so low, so slow and waggle his wings?

Graham decorated the field with two Canadian flags on the field opposite the pilot stations.

Thanks to everyone who came out. 

Thanks for being there.

Frank

Michael

It was a lot of fun. People kept arriving at the field until after 2pm. There was non-stop flying.

I flew EF1 with Frank; there were 3 micro Icons flying together; 3 micro Habu jets flying together, 5 warbirds in semi-formation, and lots of other flying and fun all day. It was like a funfly with no stress.

Thanks to everyone who helped, especially to Graham!

The consensus is the larger sausage-style hot dogs were more popular, so next time, that's what I'll buy for everyone!

First photo is Andy flying overhead in a Cessna.

Michael

Oscar

Thank you Frank, Graham and the rest who organizes which a great event today.  In 4 hours, non-stop flying with 21 lipos burnt.   Making new friends at the field, Eating hot dogs, chatting with friends.  And the best part for me - All planes return safely.

C'est La Vie !   ;D