Forum software updated

Started by bfeist, January 12, 2017, 03:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bfeist

Just updated the website forum. If anyone suffers any technical glitches (not counting responses from Andy Hoffer), let me know.

Ben

sihinch

Wingnutz

Ben! Have you joined that rowdy gang of Andy Bashers? Except for his taste in shorts, he's a great guy! ;D
I'm having a small problem that may or may not be attributable to website software change.
When I try to attach a picture to a forum post, I get the message back that my file is too large.
This happens when I try to post from my iPad. I used to be able to attach three or four photos taken with the iPad. Now, if I try yo attach one photo (usually tken with an iPhone), the file too large message comes back.
Thoughts?
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Crazyflyer

Hi Bill, the maximum file that you can attach is 1mb (1000kb) and has been that way for a while,  you can choose a lower resolution when taking you pictures in the camera settings, or you need to find a way to save the picture in a lower resolution.
The easiest way I find is to email the pictures to myself, the email program I use allows me to change the size of the pictures to 10% of the original. I have an android, not sure what the process is for Ipad.
Otherwise you can probably find an apple app to easily shrink the pictures.

bfeist

@Wingnutz , the best way to reduce the file sizes on your ipad is to email them to yourself in iOS. It'll give you an option to save them small/medium/large when you send. Medium should do the trick.

I'm impressed that you can post images at all with an iPad. I guess Apple finally opened up the photo gallery to the browser file attachment subsystem. Cool.