Previous topic - Next topic

GuyOReilly

The picture is self explanatory.
Any other ideas?

Andy Hoffer

GuyOReilly

I made a couple this morning.
Took all but 5 minutes.
Works well, low pressure, but hold stuff in place.

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: GuyOReilly on January 24, 2021, 11:21:04 AM
I made a couple this morning.
Took all but 5 minutes.
Works well, low pressure, but hold stuff in place.

Great photo @GuyOReilly@Frank v B will surely be impressed your macro mastery.  And I hope webmaster @bfeist appreciates the high res as much as I do!.  It's always nice to be able to zoom in to larger than life-size.

Andy

GuyOReilly

@Andy Hoffer; not to forget that the scale was provided with the inclusion of the measuring tape (both metric and imperial scales) glued to the edge of the working surface, thanks to the generous contribution from Ikea.  ;D

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: GuyOReilly on January 24, 2021, 11:43:03 AM
@Andy Hoffer; not to forget that the scale was provided with the inclusion of the measuring tape (both metric and imperial scales) glued to the edge of the working surface, thanks to the generous contribution from Ikea.  ;D

Exemplary to be sure!  Bravo Monsieur @GuyOReilly !

M. André

octagon

Brilliant, thanks Andy. BTW I discovered a little trick I would like to share. I am currently working on a Cessna 120. The front of the wing was sheeted back to main spar both bottom and top. I don't like using CA when attaching sheeting and prefer wood glue. Also the balsa was 3/32 and did not bend easily and so I sprayed the top surface with windex to make it more pliable. I pinned the leading edge of the sheet against the leading edge block and used clamps to hold the back edge to the main spar. The next morning, when I removed the clamps they had left dents in the sheeting. I thought I would try respraying the dents with windex. After about 2 hours, all the dents had popped back out. Just needed a very fine sanding with 220 and they were gone. Worked like a charm.
What could possibly go wrong?

Andy Hoffer

Hey @octagon ,

All the credit goes to @GuyOReilly.  I'm just an attentive audience!   :D

Andy

octagon

What could possibly go wrong?

pmackenzie

Quote from: octagon on January 24, 2021, 03:40:17 PM
Brilliant, thanks Andy. BTW I discovered a little trick I would like to share. I am currently working on a Cessna 120. The front of the wing was sheeted back to main spar both bottom and top. I don't like using CA when attaching sheeting and prefer wood glue. Also the balsa was 3/32 and did not bend easily and so I sprayed the top surface with windex to make it more pliable. I pinned the leading edge of the sheet against the leading edge block and used clamps to hold the back edge to the main spar. The next morning, when I removed the clamps they had left dents in the sheeting. I thought I would try respraying the dents with windex. After about 2 hours, all the dents had popped back out. Just needed a very fine sanding with 220 and they were gone. Worked like a charm.

You can speed up removing little dents by just wetting the dents and using a monokote iron.