• January 19, 2021, 09:55:47 PM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

!!

TEMAC Forum Guests

Please take the time to Register for the forum, especially if you are a TEMAC club member.

This is one of the most active RC club forums in Ontario. Please participate in the discussion to help our great club to continue to grow.

Author Topic: Winter Flying 2021  (Read 241 times)

Offline davidk

• Ace
  • TEMAC #: 351
  • Started Flying RC: 2019
Winter Flying 2021
« on: January 01, 2021, 02:30:14 PM »
Happy New Year, To One and All!

A good start to the New Year saw BJ (looking particularly fetching in his board shorts), Simon, Andy, Oscar, and me flying.  Greg dropped by for a chat and brought along his artistic talent... he's good!

Online Andy Hoffer

• Global Moderator
  • Ace
Re: Winter Flying 2021
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 08:14:18 PM »
A great winter's day at the field! 

BJ was really pumped in his sartorial winter attire.

Simon was sporting a customized transmitter glove, superbly tricked out by Lesley with designer sport sock sleeves and a flannel lining, all rated for RC flying at -40oC - and that's without the gloves he was wearing!  Simon also modelled his very cool ice-blue aviator shades with matching heart-stopping holographs of BJ and yours truly, along with a designer toque and balaclava face mask.   

Greg Cadez presented another of his superb renderings of TEMAC characters, depicting the In-Spirit Non-Frozen-Finger Non-Fun-Fly!  Coming soon to the Art Gallery of Ontario!!  Thanks Greg!

Finally, Michael's old "Homing Pigeon" Robbe Gemini (similar to the one in the photo below), which I bought from him years ago, attempted in vain to escape the field over the trees to the west of the loo, gently kissing a tree top branch in a valiant effort to return to Michael before i was able to wrestle it back into something that vaguely resembled a circuit.  That was a gift!!  My celebration comprised another flight - thankfully uneventful!!  ::)  Glad I had an audience to share the excitement!  :D

Gotta love winter!!   8)

Andy
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 08:51:19 PM by Andy Hoffer »

Online Michael

• TEMAC President
  • Global Moderator
  • Ace
    • http://www.temac.ca
  • TEMAC #: 1
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 06:38:03 PM »
January 8, 2021.

A few guys were out flying today, and Rob D maidened his newly built Unionville Beaver on skis. It flew fantastic!

Michael

Online Andy Hoffer

• Global Moderator
  • Ace
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 07:55:44 PM »
hey @octagon

Way to go Rob!  Congrats.  The deep yellow sure looks great against the deep blue sky!!  8)

Andy

Offline Oscar

• Ace
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2021, 06:57:39 PM »
Congratulations Rob!  I wish I was there to witness the maiden.   :D