Temac Field Status

Started by Autodrome, May 16, 2021, 11:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autodrome

Good evening all.

I thought I would post to get an update/clarification on the current field status.

As per the last communication sent out to all Temac members, the field is closed to all flying activity until further notice, as such I have not visited the field (like most of you) in several weeks. However It has been brought to my attention that some are still out flying during this time, including members of the Temac Executive that have expressly indicated that Temac is closed until further notice.

This leads to a few questions that will help clarify the current status for everyone.

1. Is the field currently closed or open? Are members free to fly at their own risk should by-law enforcement stop and deem there to be an infraction of the provincial health order. Or is all flying currently prohibited?

2. Are current Temac Executive members in fact flying during this lock down period?

Again, I am seeking some clarification as to the Field status, as I received this information from a concerned party (included photo's).

Temac has always billed itself as a fun and safe place to fly, concerned with adherence to all rules and regulations, as such I believe we would all appreciate any insight and respectful responses. Just to be clear these are only questions, I am not stating any of this as fact, as this information was provided to me.

Michael

Fair questions, Jeff.

TEMAC status clarified.

All TEMAC organized activities are suspended until further notice.

The driveway access to the field does not belong to us, and we cannot close off that access. We are unable to physically close the field to anyone.

Anyone who visits the field will not be penalized by TEMAC, but may be liable to fines should police or authorities choose to intervene.

Anyone who visits the field does so at their own risk.

You are all adults, and it is recommended that people follow proper protocol to keep yourselves safe.

The field will likely open officially on or about June 2 or 3. Some restrictions will likely still apply.
Michael

Autodrome

Appreciate the reply, thanks for clarifying.

Michael

1. As per the province lifting some outdoor restrictions, TEMAC will be open for non-organized activities starting Saturday, May 22, 2021. All previous COVID-19 protocols remain (social distancing, masks if required, do not touch other people's property, etc). You can come fly your planes!

2. A new runway has been ordered and contractor has been hired to do all the work. This will likely take place in early June, so there may be a short disruption in flying time. We'll keep everyone posted!

Michael Rogozinsky
President, TEMAC
Michael

msatin

Fantastic news Michael!
If there is any prep work needed prior to, or clean up needed after, count me in
You never fail until you stop trying