TEMAC TICKLER, May 28, 2024; Field Improvements and a Barbeque

Started by Michael, May 28, 2024, 10:45:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Over the last month or so, our field has been 'spruced up' quite a bit. The driveway has had a large amount of gravel and stones put down to try to eliminate the bumps and holes; the runway has been rolled flat, weekly grass cutting has begun, and a few minor repairs to the runway have been done. Things aren't perfect, but it's looking pretty good for the season. As well, our Flight Instruction
sessions have started (Wednesday late afternoons until dusk).

The weather has been improving, and many members have been coming out, some almost everyday!

We usually have some type of informal get-together every year around Canada Day, at the field. This year will not be an exception. We will have a barbecue (hotdogs and drinks) on Sunday, June 30, and if it rains, we'll have it the next day, July 1. Flying starts anytime, and the barbecue will start around noon. The barbecue is free to all TEMAC members. Please add your name to this thread, so we know how many hotdogs to bring.

There is an informal theme to the get-together. If you can, bring a model that has a connection to Canada, or has Canadian decals. Some previous years, we made this a Piper Cub day, so, if you want, bring a Cub (Piper Cub, Super Cub, Carbon Cub). If you don't have a Canadian model or a Cub, bring a yellow airplane. If you don't have a yellow airplane, then any other colour will do!
Michael

Crash

I am interested in 2 hot dogs. Linda my wife, wants to come to the bbq, if she is allowed, she would like 1 hot dog.... That would be 3 hot dogs in total.
Regards
Mike Brodey

pmolano

Frank v B

"Never trade luck for skill"

JJerabek

aliyaali

I am in also put me as 2 and 4 dog's
Please let me know how much for my friend so I can charge him double  :D  :D

davidk

Noah

im not going to be there, i have a wedding to get too. :(

PG54

Bridger

octagon

What could possibly go wrong?

sihinch

Thanks so much for organising this and for completing the field improvements.

Count me in for 2 dogs please.

Fisherj