X-100 Infinity Wing Print & Build

Started by davidk, July 06, 2024, 03:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidk

The 1st version of the X-100 Infinity Wing from 3DAeroventures had a few issues... hand launch, stalling, heavy, weak construction, no rudder, basic aerodynamic issues.  Version 2 was updated with landing gear, LW-PLA, rudder, aerodynamic changes, and internal structures.  With these changes the Infinity Wing is well worth printing 'cause it's very cool looking.

sihinch

davidk

Rudder Servo in and rudder attached.  The landing gear is printed fairly heavy... maybe it will take a landing or 2.  Those are brass heat-set threaded inserts which I really like using.  Landing gear attached and on to the motor.

The gold part is cross bracing that runs the whole length of the fuselage.  The parts are designed for strength and the prints are already strong.  The internal braces tie the whole fuselage together.  As you glue the fuselage parts together, the fuselage trays slide into rails and they cross from one fuselage part to another.

davidk

Motor installed.  The motor mount is printed with PETG which is a bit stronger and more heat resistant.  Eric (3DAeroventures) supplied the motor mount in a couple of different lengths to fit different size motors.  This is to ensure the motor clears the cowl.  However, ALL motors are different and my AeroStar 3536, of course, does not fit any of the supplied motor mounts.  In the Slicer you can resize 1 axis, in this case the Z Axis, to make a part taller or shorter.  In less than a minute I have a motor mount exactly the size I need.  Eric built down thrust and right thrust into the top of the motor mount so no worries there.

sihinch

It's so very clever and adaptable this 3D printing lark! It's definitely here to stay!!!! And you seem to be a master of it, David.