Wednesday, July 10- I will be there by 5 pm.

Started by Frank v B, July 09, 2024, 03:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

I will be at Rogo Field by 5 pm tomorrow (Wednesday) in the off-chance the weather may be flyable.
When I asked Mark this morning on his read of the weather reports, he wrote back:
   "From early Wed morning until Thurs morning, it varies from 70% to 100% pop, with heavy rain at various times."

Last time I checked, 100% POP means it could be wet.

Here is a selection of the dress code options.

Frank ;D
"Never trade luck for skill"

msatin

I paused building a plane in favour of this  ;D
You never fail until you stop trying

Frank v B

Mark, so we will need:
- 6 acres of fibreglass cloth
- 2 tankers of 20 minute epoxy
- one tanker of alcohol to thin the epoxy.
- one 9 hp outboard motor to mix the epoxy.
- one roll of outdoor carpeting to use as a roller.

Frank 8)

Andy Hoffer

I want that boat for our next outing to Toogood pond!

How big a LiPo will it need?  I have a bunch of smaller packs which I could put in series and/or parallel, but your thoughtful guidance would be appreciated.  (I know I'm going to get it anyways, but I thought I would try to be gracious about receiving it!!😎)

Andy

Andy Hoffer

PS

Mark is truly the brilliant guiding force in trying to engender in Frank some respect for weather forecasts.  I wish Mark well in this endeavour, but one cannot help but accept generations of Nederlander genetic predisposition for thumbing of the nose at aquatic inundations...... tsk!

Respectfully (at least on this forum),
Andy

Andy Hoffer

pps

(Waiting with great anticipation for caustic soda from Frank!!)

😎

msatin

I'm afraid neither Paul nor I will be at taining this evening, so help with with Tx's/buddy boxing, will not be available.
Sorry about that

Frank v B

We flew!!  A total surprise. Not a drop of rain from 5 pm-7pm.

Got there at 4:15 to an (expected) empty field.  The rain had just stopped.  15 minutes later George arrived as a committed (or should be committed) instructor to pick up his new/used transmitter for his grandson.  He left a few minutes before 5...and then cars started arriving.  David, Omar, BJ, Amir.

Very windy but flyable.  Wind was down the runway when I arrived (photo 63) but of course it switched to due east when the first plane took off.  Figures.

Photo report:
62- the parking lot as I drove up at 4:15.  Fully expected.
63- wind down the runway...until we started flying.
64- George just before he left with his new old transmitter.
66  George waving goodbye fully expecting me to be there alone.
70- David earned his wings tonight.  Did many touch-'n-goes under trying conditions (gusty crosswind)
71- BJ arrived to help.

sihinch

Oscar

msatin

davidk