Casual BBQ at Rogo Field this coming Sunday, August 25, 2024

Started by Frank v B, August 19, 2024, 06:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

All members- come and join us for a hot dog BBQ and drinks this coming Sunday, August 25. 

Just confirmed- Paul Hepworth will attend and do a lunch-time flying demonstration, as he has done the past few years.  Paul is a demonstration RC pilot and a member of Canada's F3P team (indoor RC aerobatics).
You may remember the amazing OV10 Bronco he brought last year.

Lunch will be served when Mark is good and ready  ;D ...probably around 12:30.  David's doubly-burned special order dogs will take a bit longer. ;)

This is not a competition.  It is a no pressure fun day at Rogo Field.

I am aiming to be there at 9 am to set up my planes and do a maiden flight. Join me if you need some help.  You may need to help me! :D
Oh, yes.  I will be there rain or shine.

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

Crash

I plan to attend the BBQ, if ok!
Regards
Mike Brodey aka Crash

Noah

ill be there this time. (if we have to order hot dogs 2 please)

Frank v B

This Sunday's event.  Just confirmed... member Simon Chapman will do a demonstration flight with his egg beater (helicopter).  He is an amazing flyer... and home grown at TEMAC.

Frank

Mike (a.k.a. "Crash"), you are always welcome.  Will I see you early for some flying? 
BTW, Mike is a member of the Temac's Dawn Patrol.  He always shows up early.

Frank v B

The casual BBQ is on for tomorrow (Sunday).
The Stouffville weather forecast shows sun with cloudy periods, 27 degrees.
No snow! 

Come and enjoy some flying and hot dogs.

Paul Hepworth and Simon Chapman will do their flying during lunch when they are ready and we are busy devouring hot dogs.

Should be fun.

Frank

ps: The Tim's Woodbine is closed for renovation.  There is a drive-through trailer but nowhere to sit and meet beforehand.

GuyOReilly

Frank v B

We had a beautiful day. Lots of people dropped by during the day.  Some long lost members dropped by like Ken Ross and Graham McNicol.  Several guests dropped by as did family members for Noah, Mark and George. Paul Hepworth could not make it because his life was changed on him (no problem)*.  Our member Simon Chapman flew his helicopter for the lunch-time display.  His flying was awesome.

I counted 19 members at the field plus 8 family/visitors.

Photo report:
43: Guy telling me "my airplane is upside down"
44: Ken Ross dropped by and promptly sold his Bronco.
45: Mike prepping his prop jet
46: Dave at his pilot station.
47: Andy talking to guests.
49: Karl, Mike and Simon sitting in the shade.
50: Mark's wife Ruth dropped by.
53: Andy prepping his Beech Staggerwing.
55: the Staggerwing hiding from Andy.
59: Graham dropped by.  He used to live at the field.

Frank

* Paul had sent me a PM just after 8 am today but I had already left the house and missed it.

msatin

You never fail until you stop trying

Andy Hoffer

In the course of chasing photo subjects all over the field at today's BBQ event, I happened upon what must be an invaluable mission-critical piece from someone's plane.  It looks like a piece of a spinner from a small plane.  I expect the owner will simply replace the spinner. BUT, if they are hooked on the original Nederlands orange colour and want to glue the piece back onto the rest of the spinner, I have it in my field detritus collection.  Just send a personal message to me and we'll arrange to meet at the field for the handover. If you don't want it, but would like to arrange for a suitable interment ceremony for it, let me know by replying to this very important post.

Andy Hoffer

Michael

Andy Hoffer took some exceptionally nice images of 2 Tiger Moth biplanes flown in formation, by David and me.
Michael

Michael

Andy also got images of our Widgeons flying in formation.
Michael

Knightlite

Starting to dig trough the video archive. Peter taxiing his P-51 Mustang off the runway.

Andy Hoffer