Sunday Oct 6- the weather man was mostly wrong.

Started by Frank v B, Today at 05:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Today ended up being a good flying day.  Arrived at Rogo Field just before noon and left at 4 pm.
Only a few drops, a little bit gusty but straight down the runway from the south.
I flew:
- my little E-Flite Cessna Aerobat (300 motor on 3 cells) twice.  No problem.  Lots of power.
- Nooner- no problem.  Still so slippery I could not bring its speed down until the cut edge before the farmer's field.
- V-900 - no problem.  Finally figured out the hand launch- 15 degrees up and 10 degrees right roll (right wingtip down).  Thank you Andy.  This model is always tricky.  There is so much power (700watts) that it wants to roll left immediately before it gets air speed.  It is a handful.  David K. said there have been 13 V-900's and V-1200 at Temac.  This is the only one left. 

Youngster Brodie Roberts and his father Jon showed up with their newly acquired Mini-Apprentice.  I flew it twice and trimmed it out. They contacted me via a hobby shop. The photo shows Brodie and his father.  Brodie is not winking.  The sun was very bright.... after reflecting off the bald spot on the back of my head.  :D
Jeff Fisher showed up and went through 4 batteries. 
Andy flew his Beech Staggering.  A really nice take-off in difficult conditions (gusty).

A total of 11 flights and 10 drops of rain.  A winning visit.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"