• February 21, 2018, 02:08:48 am
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

!!

TEMAC Forum Guests

Please take the time to Register for the forum, especially if you are a TEMAC club member.

This is one of the most active RC club forums in Ontario. Please participate in the discussion to help our great club to continue to grow.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Hi Folks,

While everyone is in an absolute frenzy of building - spurred on by the sweet smell of spring in the air over the past couple of days, and the promise of a new flying season - I thought it timely to reveal a few top secret classified photos of Cynthia doing some housecleaning in @Frank v B's shop, and some of his latest experiments with exotic materials and methods.  These photos provide a rare glimpse of the master's research facility, and an inside look at the inner workings of his psyche, to say nothing of the diversity of materials to which he commits his omni-present 5-minute epoxy.  You can even see the profound foam influence of @bweaver. Truly inspirational!!

Program guide:

#478, 490, 491:  Cynthia deftly working "presto agitato", รก la 3rd movement of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, Op. 27, No. 2.
#485:  laminar foam core wing with embedded spar and off-gas vents to prevent bubbles in covering film.
#497:  foam dispersion testing for maximum planting propagation effectiveness.
#499:  high-strength box-spar wing construction, with multi-ply shear webs to withstand even the most severe planting impact loads; guaranteed to teach the corn a lesson!
#504:  wing core sections showing embedded ribs
#507:  vegetation impact testing with prototype hybrid wing section
#501:  Frank's candy store!

The Force is with him!!  8)

Andy

Building / Construction / Re: How to cover a plane- Frank's Chica
« Last post by Andy Hoffer on Yesterday at 10:22:35 pm »
Andy,

re: "O.M.G. It's "port" and "starboard".  "Port" and "starboard".  How many times do we have to go over this??!!!"

This was Bruce's quote.  He still thinks port is a potent wine and starboard has something to do with catching a ride aboard Startrek.  Bruce was a fireman and not on the William Lyon MacKenzie*.

You know I know the difference between P&S and which locations they are. :D

Andy, just play along. 8)

Frank

* William Lyon MacKenzie is the large fireboat in Toronto Harbour.

Hi @Frank v B,

Hmmm, you may be right....

Although, I suspect too much time in the hot southern sun, without any preparatory acclimation, may have fried more than a few of @bweaver's neurons here and there, and the synapses just aren't firing.  He needs to put some ice on them, preferably not from Montezuma's fridge!  I sure hope he recovers before the new students arrive..... ::)

Andy

« Last post by Frank v B on Yesterday at 09:32:55 pm »
Andy,

re: "O.M.G. It's "port" and "starboard".  "Port" and "starboard".  How many times do we have to go over this??!!!"

This was Bruce's quote.  He still thinks port is a potent wine and starboard has something to do with catching a ride aboard Startrek.  Bruce was a fireman and not on the William Lyon MacKenzie*.

You know I know the difference between P&S and which locations they are. :D

Andy, just play along. 8)

Frank

* William Lyon MacKenzie is the large fireboat in Toronto Harbour.
Building / Construction / Re: Brian Taylor Mosquito
« Last post by Andy Hoffer on Yesterday at 09:11:22 pm »
Wow! Your build looks amazing.  But your workbench (image #95803) - positively organic!

And that cool desert scheme on the BF109 bears an incredible likeness to a whale shark!! Great camo, wet or dry.

Way to go!!!  Looking forward to the maidens!

Andy
« Last post by Andy Hoffer on Yesterday at 09:03:54 pm »
Bruce, Bruce, Bruce,

We get the feeling you would rather be here to annoy us in person.  Tough to do it in writing!  Eh?  (Canadian Content)
re: "but just wing it by line of sight for the stab?"  Yep. 

re: "Do you use the 'one eye method', or 'two eye method' for lining it up?"  One eye. 

re: Which do you prefer the right or left eye forward?  The accurate one. ;)  It depends on whether you are left eye or right eye dominant.  Katie, Rob D. or Dr. John can give you the Coles Notes on this issue.

re: "Please don't try to explain now or provide a sketch, only to further confuse me."  What an invitation!!!  See photo 1434 just for you.  Katie, please give him a beer.  He must be having a hissy fit. :-X

It is my opinion that if all surfaces are parallel that need to be parallel and at right angles where they need to be then there is no cross coupling of inputs.  Pat MacKenzie can give you the 101 on this.

We all miss you. ;D

Frank

O.M.G. It's "port" and "starboard".  "Port" and "starboard".  How many times do we have to go over this??!!!

Andy
« Last post by Frank v B on Yesterday at 05:19:55 pm »
Bruce, Bruce, Bruce,

We get the feeling you would rather be here to annoy us in person.  Tough to do it in writing!  Eh?  (Canadian Content)
re: "but just wing it by line of sight for the stab?"  Yep. 

re: "Do you use the 'one eye method', or 'two eye method' for lining it up?"  One eye. 

re: Which do you prefer the right or left eye forward?  The accurate one. ;)  It depends on whether you are left eye or right eye dominant.  Katie, Rob D. or Dr. John can give you the Coles Notes on this issue.

re: "Please don't try to explain now or provide a sketch, only to further confuse me."  What an invitation!!!  See photo 1434 just for you.  Katie, please give him a beer.  He must be having a hissy fit. :-X

It is my opinion that if all surfaces are parallel that need to be parallel and at right angles where they need to be then there is no cross coupling of inputs.  Pat MacKenzie can give you the 101 on this.

We all miss you. ;D

Frank
Building / Construction / Re: Brian Taylor Mosquito
« Last post by electroflyer on Yesterday at 05:07:28 pm »
   Thanks Pat,

It is fun tinkering.

Here are the latest photos. I have built channels in the fuselage to pull wires, set up elevator, rudder and tail wheel (retractable). The fuselage halves have been mated together and then I can work towards getting the bolt on wing figured out.
  Also here is the Durafly Bf 109e Desert Scheme.

Glenn
Looking for a set of E-Flite 10-15 Tricycle Retracts for a Habu 2 or just a set of the main if you have them.
Trading Post / Re: NEW Hanger 9 AT-6 Texan Electric, BNF
« Last post by ppalumbo on Yesterday at 10:08:09 am »
added a few more pics
« Last post by bweaver on Yesterday at 09:23:41 am »
Re:  Set the stab so it is parallel to the wing when viewed from the nose.

Re: No matter how (in)accurately you have built the plane, the fin needs to be 90 degrees to the stab.

@Frank v B - So let me get this straight. You have to be perfect for setting the fin, but just wing it by line of sight for the stab?  Do you use the 'one eye method', or 'two eye method' for lining it up? Which do you prefer the right or left eye forward?  And how does this other 'cocked eyed' approach you refer to later come into play?  Can't wait to get back for the explanation.  (I really mean, it.  Please don't try to explain now or provide a sketch, only to further confuse me.)  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10