• May 24, 2018, 03:59:11 am
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

!!

TEMAC Forum Guests

Please take the time to Register for the forum, especially if you are a TEMAC club member.

This is one of the most active RC club forums in Ontario. Please participate in the discussion to help our great club to continue to grow.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Duxford - oh Duxford
« Last post by Andy Hoffer on Today at 03:10:40 am »
Sure gives you an itch!! .................

Andy
General Discussion / Duxford - oh Duxford
« Last post by RogMason on Yesterday at 09:38:18 pm »
Hi guys,
Don't know if you have ever seen the Duxford Airshow annual Trailers?  There are many years online.  My favourite is 2012.

Turn up your volume as much as your better half will stand and soak up some real eye candy....

Roger that....
Flight Instruction / Flight Instruction May 23rd is a GO
« Last post by bweaver on Yesterday at 08:06:16 am »
The weather looks great for training this evening starting at six. 

A bit breezy but if you can't fly in the wind, when can you fly?

Building / Construction / Re: Frank's Rainbow 2000 (.45-.55 size) build
« Last post by Andy Hoffer on May 22, 2018, 11:15:12 pm »
Here are the photos:

- gone are the pilot's legs. More room for the batteries.  Photo 82

- the nose as viewed from the open hatch.  The right half of the photo behind the firewall is fully glassed.  The left half of the hatch is the glass reinforcement for the landing gear block.  Below the plane is the balsa battery tray.  I cut this half away to access the the landing gear blocks.  The pilot would not budge so I had to leave him in place.  Photo 81

- the cockpit showing the extra room now that the legs are gone.  The main former in front of the pilot has glass in the bottom to strengthen the aft portion of the landing gear block.  Photo 80.

Frank

Perhaps @Frank v B can explain how the pilot will reach the rudder pedals without his legs!!   8)

Andy
« Last post by Andy Hoffer on May 22, 2018, 11:08:15 pm »
Started with the fuselage, opposite to the instructions.  A fuselage is easier to tinker with when there is nothing attached to it.  While working on the nose, the plastic bag surrounding the fuse was left in place.

Attached the plywood E-motor mount on the stand-offs per the instructions.  When I saw the motor was larger, I added washers on the bottom of the stand-offs where they touched the plywood firewall.  This was done just to spread the load over a greater area.  See photo 38

Problem: remember the .60 size motor I outlined in the first post.  It was a Power 90!!!  Holy crap!

Step 1- the X-mount was larger than the width of the firewall.  Found a smaller 46-60 E-Flite X-mount kit.  This created a new problem.  The mount holes were too close to the motor housing so they had to be elongated.  See photo 42.  On the right is the mount that came with the motor, on the left is the new smaller one with elongated mount holes.

Step 2- remove the T nuts from the motor mount so new holes can be drilled.  Removing the T-nuts was easy.  Insert the 4 screws into the T-nuts (see before photo 39) and one light tap of a hammer and they came out cleanly (see photo 41).  Photo 43 shows the 4 T-Nuts dropped down.

Step 3 is tomorrow.  Drilling the new holes for the new T-nuts.

Photo 43 also shows the effects of @Frank v B  taking photos with out his glasses on !!  8)

Andy
« Last post by Frank v B on May 22, 2018, 10:18:48 pm »
Here are the photos:

- gone are the pilot's legs.  More room for the batteries.  Photo 82

- the nose as viewed from the open hatch.  The right half of the photo behind the firewall is fully glassed.  The left half of the hatch is the glass reinforcement for the landing gear block.  Below the plane is the balsa battery tray.  I cut this half away to access the the landing gear blocks.  The pilot would not budge so I had to leave him in place.  Photo 81

- the cockpit showing the extra room now that the legs are gone.  The main former in front of the pilot has glass in the bottom to strengthen the aft portion of the landing gear block.  Photo 80.

Frank

Other Events / Re: E F 1 Pylon Racing at Orangeville
« Last post by Polecat on May 22, 2018, 08:58:14 pm »
 E F 1 guys we are going with June the 3rd. Frank I will email you the new directions as a bridge is out on the 20th side road.
Hoping to hear from a couple more Temac guys [Glen & Mike].

Ken
Some projects take a long time to come together. I had hoped it would be finished for Canada's 150th b'day but almost a year later, my Golden Centennaires CT-114 (Tutor) had its first successful flight at TEMAC's Jets Day!
Technically, it had its maiden flight just over a week ago, but that only lasted about ten feet off the end of the bungee ramp, so the successful Jets Day flight was a real joy for me. (On its maiden flight, the model rolled hard right off the launch ramp...one of the aileron  control horns had let go and the battery had moved...before or after impact, I'm not sure)
Thanks to Bruce for the hand launch and coaching...(I left the bungee at home!) and Greg Hazelton for the photos!
(I'll fix the photos later...fine on iPad but not PC)
« Last post by cpaine on May 22, 2018, 03:57:02 pm »
Hahaha. at least you didnt call me pretty!
« Last post by sihinch on May 22, 2018, 03:50:14 pm »
Nice plane! I see you’re still ugly though!!  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10