• February 19, 2019, 09:40:32 am
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

!!

TEMAC Forum Guests

Please take the time to Register for the forum, especially if you are a TEMAC club member.

This is one of the most active RC club forums in Ontario. Please participate in the discussion to help our great club to continue to grow.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Building / Construction / Re: Frank's Cobra Z build- by Pilot
« Last post by Frank v B on Yesterday at 09:27:28 pm »
Wing measured and aligned, leading edge dowels drilled, wing hold down screw drilled and tapped, fin and elevator test fitted in place.

Next: motor and ailerons.... then covering.

Frank
General Discussion / Re: Frank's New car
« Last post by Frank v B on Yesterday at 07:42:44 pm »
Ed,

great to hear from you.

re: the "Only 500w/lb?" 

You know that was written by Andy who is a disciplined but conservative full-size Cessna 150 pilot. He usually expresses power in terms of "number of turns".   ;D

Frank

General Discussion / Re: Frank's New car
« Last post by Ededge2002 on Yesterday at 05:59:03 pm »

At @Frank v B's standard 500 watts/lb and a 1200 lb carriage, I'm betting on a 1600S battery pack at 100 amps! 8)

Congrats Frank!

Andy
[/quote]

Only 500w/lb?
Building / Construction / Re: CL-415 group-build thread
« Last post by electroflyer on Yesterday at 04:45:24 pm »
  By the way, the dark spots are Walnut coloured filler. my normal product of course was out of stock. ;D
Building / Construction / Re: CL-415 group-build thread
« Last post by electroflyer on Yesterday at 04:42:50 pm »
  Very nice!
  I really like the decals as well.
  Here is my 415. a few pictures outside today. Everything is glassed except the top side of Ailerons and Flaps. I will continue when I get back from vacation. In the meantime. the epoxy can fully cure.
« Last post by Frank v B on Yesterday at 04:13:07 pm »
Installed the two aileron servos in the wing (HXT 500's) and the elevator servo in the fuse (Hitec HS 55).  Glued them in place with epoxy.  That's commitment!

The Kevlar is barely visible at the front and back end of the hatch (top of fuse).  Stabilizer and fin done and sanded.

Frank

« Last post by Frank v B on Yesterday at 12:17:33 pm »
- Sanding completed
- added a plywood triangle to spread the load for the wing bolt.  Note the grain is chord-wise.
- built the hatch.  Will add magnets later.
- second thought on the strength.  Added a strand of Kevlar at the firewall (360 degrees around the fuse) and the wing hold-down at the fuselage. Attached it with 20 minute epoxy* and wrapped it in wax paper so it will dry flat. Added two rubber bands to press it flat.  Note the colours for Andy's sake.  The original design had a fuselage doubler which I omitted.

Frank

* Bruce- ran out of 5 minute epoxy. ;)

Building / Construction / Re: First building project in Canada
« Last post by Michael on Yesterday at 11:33:03 am »
Nice kit, foam and wood.

Looks like fun!
Building / Construction / First building project in Canada
« Last post by AlexShao on Yesterday at 10:54:09 am »
I am going to build a small fixed wing. It's a foam and wood plane kit without name.

This is my first project in Canada.

Wing span is 1000mm
Length is 800mm
Motor: 2216 880KV
Battery: 3s 2200~2700mha
Servos: 4 * 12g mini servos
« Last post by Frank v B on Yesterday at 09:35:23 am »
Sorry for the delay in reporting.  Had technical difficulties*.

Fuse: built and ready to sand.  Made out of 3/32" sides and 1/16 top and bottom.  There is a hatch in the top front to plug in batteries.  Note: the nose was lengthened about 3/4" to accommodate the motor and the CG.  The original Cobra was designed for the Norvel .061 with the tank mount.

Please note that I used bright (uncoloured) pins this time to avoid Andy and Bruce from reading too much into this build.  Braille for my detractors. :D

Wing done and rough sanded.  A whopping 24" span or, ........ as Michael calls it....... "a stabilizer". Servo installation is next.

Frank

* the camera was somewhere in my car and took 4 days to find.  Andy enjoyed the silence. ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10